• Register Today It's free!

Auto Windows Up and Down?

HockeyStud852

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
I know when I had my Ranger, we used to do this all this time. We installed power window motors so we would have auto up and auto down for both windows. There was a guy on the forum that sold modules from Taurus's since he lived right next to a junkyard. Well my X comes with the auto down just on the driver's side. Do anyone know if I can do this feature to my X also? Can I use a module from a Taurus? Any info on this mod?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have thought of doing that myself. Keep searching, and hopefully someone will share that they have done it already. Good luck,
Don

there was a discussion on this some time ago.
The consis back then that it was not possible.

I dont buy that for a second.

I have not taken the time my self to research and figure it all out my self though.

I haven't either. Both my 93 Limited, and my 98 Mountaineer have the one auto down window. It should be a matter of looking at the wiring, and duplicating the circuit. I'd like to have both front windows go down with one touch. I think there is a dedicated relay, etc. for the one function.
Don

Interesting. Good to know it is self contained in the small unit. Someday soon...

Yea me and my friend might try to figure it out sometime this summer when I'm bored...

Back