Autolite wires

wpurple

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer
Anyone use Autolite wires on their 5L? In my quest tomorrow changing out my plugs again I thought about changing the wires, I wanted to go with Morocraft but no one local has them, but Advanced Auto has Autolite and they are 1/2 the price....???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put Autolite Professional wires and Autolite Plugs on my 4.0 L a month ago and they seem to be good quality and my vehicle runs better than ever. And you can not beat the price!

I run the autolites without a problem on my 98. Just got to watch where they sit if you have headers, its tight in there.

Damn this reminds me...
I need to replace my plugs and wires lol

I picked up the Autolite wires this morning, opened the box, then closed the box. They just don't seem to be up to the quality of the Motocraft ones...the Motocraft ones are more than double the price, but I am going to go for them ($68 vs $148)

we get ford racing wires for like 109.00 from max at fivestarford.com

the lack of sales tax offsets shipping usually

the phone number is on the webpage listed above

I run the autolites without a problem on my 98. Just got to watch where they sit if you have headers, its tight in there.

Definitely true with any wires. I've toasted a few wires (Motorcraft and Magnecor), finding out the hard way. :(

YES BE INFORMED KEEP WIRES OFF HEADERS!!! mine burned through and caused a surge in the entire truck until it finally just burned in half and instantly got a code(and stunk like ass)...the motorcraft cables come with aluminum heat shields for where the cables are known to come close to the pipes...i also ziptied all the cables away from any chance of them touching the headers

Back