aux light aiming? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aux light aiming?

I have two Hella 500FF's [w/100w] on my bumper, and two 55w rectangle fogs in my grille.... sort of aimed to the outside of the vehicle, like each are turned toward their side of the vehicle.... How should fogs be aimed from that location? Where should driving lights be aimed? Down the trail or down and out to light down the road and the tree's way up there? And what about Off-Road lights?

Thing is my fogs are sorta being blocked a little bit my the hella's... almost anywhere I aim them there is light already... fogs only make area's brighter... I'm confused... How do I set this up for best lighting?

Also, we don't really have too much of a fog issue here, I got the fogs for side to side lighting n whatnot

When I had mine installed, I used the fogs to light what the headlights didn't. I like the setup, but when I stopped using the foglights I was surprised at how dim it was really. Foglights are REALLY nice if you have them setup right. However you light it is up to you, just remember they can't be above stock headlight locations in most states.

-Josh

Back