City, State
plano texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
03' F-150 Super Crew
014-1.jpg

015-3.jpg

016-2.jpg

look good or not?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks good. :D:thumbsup:

im liking them myself

Looks Like Shi*

Looks like add-on autosupermarket driving/fog lights!!! Take the slotted grills off of the lights and try mounting the lights behind the grill IMO

the trans cooler is in the way to put them behind the grill but i did try it

Not my cup o' tea in the slightest. They look kind of out of place. I'm a "function over form" modder for the most part, so as long as they work for you, you shouldn't worry about what we think. ;)

I agree- it's your truck obviously, but I think they look too add-on-ish. I'd say if you don't use the towhooks, remove them and see if you can stick the lights in there maybe?

i can see yalls point. i just had these lights, ive had them for years. i need these for when i visit my grandparents. they live out in the country. lots of coyotes at night.

i thought about removing the tow hooks but i do actually use them

my first attempt to mount them failed.
18152_459091510371_835705371_111776.jpg

I'm not a fan either. My advice would be to get higher quality lights from PIAA, Hella, KC, etc, and pick something you can either put behind the grill, or sit recessed in the grill to look more streamlined. I have these lights you've mounted, and they aren't going to last...

Seeing that Pic i am surprised there still in one piece

I'm not a fan either. My advice would be to get higher quality lights from PIAA, Hella, KC, etc, and pick something you can either put behind the grill, or sit recessed in the grill to look more streamlined. I have these lights you've mounted, and they aren't going to last...
im thinking about doing that. will see. these light have actually been pretty good to me
Seeing that Pic i am surprised there still in one piece
they made an 800 mile road trip down there

Go HID in the stock foglight holes?

If your just after function for the lights I would get a safari bar and mount them to that. wont look as out of place. Or maybe raise the license plate bracket and mount them beneath that. Ive tried all of the above myself but am the most happy with my roof mounted light bar...:D

i cant find one locally lol. shipping is crazy

Go HID in the stock foglight holes?

This is the best idea for your rig I think. Bright HID fogs will keep the factory look, they will spot coyote, and stay safe in the grill.

If not HID fogs, a decent set of 100w behind the grill will work as well.

The problem with those Blazer lights is they bounce, get in the way when working under the hood, and they don't "Match" the flow of the body lines. The "Boxed" lights only look decent on the roof IMO. Round look "Sleek" on the bumper, and tend to flow/blend with the body better.

This is the best idea for your rig I think. Bright HID fogs will keep the factory look, they will spot coyote, and stay safe in the grill.

The problem with those Blazer lights is they bounce, get in the way when working under the hood, and they don't "Match" the flow of the body lines. The "Boxed" lights only look decent on the roof IMO. Round look "Sleek" on the bumper, and tend to flow/blend with the body better.

these are exspencive. lol. ill look into it. the hids on my camaro costed me an arm and a leg

other note, i did find some pro comps for sale. $50 should i do it?

www.ddmtuning.com. Best HID's at a great price. Got a set for my brother's 'stang and he loves 'em.

HID fogs

www.ddmtuning.com. Best HID's at a great price. Got a set for my brother's 'stang and he loves 'em.

What they both said. I've been looking really hard into hid fog lights myself and the two best choices seem to be:

1. Hella Micro DE fog projectors. Cost: $135 (Amazon)

2. Blazer fog projectors. Cost $40 (Ebay seller:papsnme).

With $60 for 35W HID bulbs from DDM with a wiring harness. I highly recommend the reviews at HIDplanet which you do have to register to see, but it is a very informative resource. Particularly these two threads:

3. Projector comparisons: here.

4. More info on the Blazers: here.

^ Whatever you do DONT stick HID's in a halogen housing, you will blind everyone else on the road because the light will scatter really badly. Because of this, visibility won't be very good either.

For halogen housings, get high efficiency bulbs if you need more light...otherwise get housings designed for HID's. The bulbs have different dimensions and require different optics.

Personally I think the lights look OK.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^ Whatever you do DONT stick HID's in a halogen housing, you will blind everyone else on the road because the light will scatter really badly. Because of this, visibility won't be very good either

He is completely correct. You should never put HID capsules inside reflector housings intended for halogen bulbs. However, both of the products I listed are projector housings which are capable of focusing the intense light of HID capsules. While some projector housings come with halogen bulbs stock that does not necessarily forbid them from being upgraded to HID capsules. The key here is that the light beam is being focused by a projector lens and has a sharp cutoff.

On a side note what you have now doesn't look so bad.

Back