Aux port wired and enabled in Forscan, only flashes up on screen for a moment then goes back to Radio | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aux port wired and enabled in Forscan, only flashes up on screen for a moment then goes back to Radio

DHG2496

Reaction score
City, State
Fruitport, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
14 Explorer PIU 3.5EB
I finally got back around to wiring the Aux port in my civilian console to the FCDIM cable. I activated it with Forscan but upon hitting the Aux button on the radio, it flashes up a little Aux icon and then instantly goes back to the radio? Does anyone know if the radio is not detecting anything plugged in? or maybe I need to factory reset the radio?

My only thought is if it does some sort of detection, maybe one of the pins I added to my plug isn't properly seated all the way in the harness. Can anyone confirm what is supposed to happen if you hit AUX when no cable is attached?

I just went back and confirmed the Forscan settings that were in the spreadsheet and it is updated according to the sheet, however when I hit the AUX button again and looked closer at the screen, the icon on the screen actually says Sync under it, which I don't have, so I'm guessing that the recommended changes for Forscan are not correct and might be for those with Sync, even though the note in the spreadsheet says without SYNC or Satellite.

According the Explorer Sheet it should be
FCDIM 7A5-01-01

Set to: 2x21 1000 00zz
Stock: 0001 9000 00zz

Okay so the Explorer Forscan sheet needs a small update and thank you to @Nibroc99 for a previous link to the Facebook group where the correct change in Forscan is documented. I wired mine to a retail console that had the aux port, usb and sd card reader, so just aux works right now.

If you simply want to enable the Aux Jack, Change only the following in FCDIM 7A5-01-01.
xxxx *x.. xxzz 1=Enable Aux (mine was 9 by default)

I didn't fully test it but changing either the first or third (or both) to a 2 as the Spreadsheet suggested appears to tell your FCDIM that you have Sync. So not messing with those and just changing that fifth digit to a 1 activates AUX on the stock (non-sync) 4" screen.

Also I believe that the second digit controls enabling the backup camera appearing on the screen, but didn't see that noted on the spredsheet either, but this also matches up with the 2015-2020 F150 spreadsheet, so if anyone is still maintaining the spreadsheet it would be nice to have both added for others to get accurate info.
FCDIM 745-01-01
Backup Camera x*xx xxxx xxzz (0=Disabled, 2=Enabled)

I'll do a full write up later but just wanted to share and get this documented somewhere for everyone with a PIU and non-sync radio

I forgot to post my write up that I did a while back for the Aux port.
Enabling AUX Input

Back