Aux Relay Box #4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aux Relay Box #4

penn28

Reaction score
Two questions:
Is the Aux Relay Box #4 the black plastic piece with wires coming out, mounted in the jack compartment?
Do I have to remove the piece in order to get at the relays to test them?
Thanks

Hey Penn8... just sent you a PM... but it sounds like you are there. Anyways, there are a couple of things in there, aux box 4 and a RAP module (remote access). Each relay should be removeable plugins. You should be able to test at the connector points on the "underside" of things IIRC. I guess my question is why are you asking your question????

My power locks are cycling like crazy. I read many posts about this problem and it seems like taking a look at the relays may be the easiest thing to try.
It looks like I have to unscrew the Aux Relay Box #4 to get access to the relays. My plan was to buy a relay (looks like about $10 at the local auto parts store) and do some swapping to see if the problem goes away.
Does that sound logical to you?

Ok.... you are probably right... now that IIRC when I attached my "aftermarket" remote system... I did unscrew the relay block to get access to the pins... it wasn't too bad. As for your problem... basically, locate the "offending" relay (listen, feel), then check the activating coil contacts... basically, it would appear that it is receiving a "continuous"... ground, no ground condition causing its operation.... I doubt that replacing it will help as the relay is likely not your problem. Anyways, my guess is one of your panel switches is bad... most likely the cargo one which is in the same area.

Back