Auxbeam 50" curved for Explorer 11-16, what bracket? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auxbeam 50" curved for Explorer 11-16, what bracket?

I bought the Auxbeam 50" curved LED bar a while back. The brackets that Auxbeam suggests for the 11-16+ Explorer is the Chevy ones which I ordered with it. Today I finally decided to get everything mounted, but there's no way those are the correct brackets for the Explorer, as they simply do not align at all with the shape of the car no matter how I try.

Auxbeam has tons of brackets, however, none specifically for the Explorer, and I figure it's more likely a F-150 might fit. But before I waste money on another bracket, does anyone on here have any idea which ones will work? (Here's all of them)

Edit: I think the "suggested" brackets might just be a combo deal that I thought meant that it was the suggested brackets, but they're not.
Edit 2: Contacted Auxbeam who said they don't do brackets for the Explorer, but to "buy them elsewhere" without hint or details as to where. If anyone knows please let me know, as google is doing me no favors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Personally I would try and order some cheap ones off of ebay and give them a shot. Depending on where you were looking to mount it exactly, it might even be worth looking into luggage rack mounts that you can retrofit for the bar.

Let us know what you end up getting to work! I have been interested in doing something similar for mountain driving.

I know some guys used a mount bracket intended for Ford Ranger.

I know some guys used a mount bracket intended for Ford Ranger.

Do you happen to know which Ranger brackets he used? Or at least which Ranger model + year he got the brackets for? There's quite a few different ones available and I'd hate to buy the wrong ones.

I ordered a set of chevy ones from amazon. I had to hammer them flat but they worked great with about 15 minutes and a big hammer. There are probably more expensive options that might fit better but these did work with a 54" bar on my 2nd gen.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01535MKIQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great info! They'd probably be too far off as my bar is 50", but maybe I could put some spacers in between on their 52" option. At least another possibility :)

Great info! They'd probably be too far off as my bar is 50", but maybe I could put some spacers in between on their 52" option. At least another possibility :)

Mine was curved so that might come into play with the extra couple inches. At first I thought they wouldnt work but after I flipped them around 100 times it went together pretty nicely.

Back