Aviator Grand Touring PHEV Federal Tax Credit Eligibility | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aviator Grand Touring PHEV Federal Tax Credit Eligibility

ilguy

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Despite calls to multiple dealers and Lincoln concierge, I've been unable to confirm if the Aviator GT will be eligible for the IRS tax rebate. The car is not yet listed on Federal Tax Credits for Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Cars but if it were, I believe it would be worth at least $6,295 in federal tax credit since its a better PHEV spec than the Range Rover Sport.

The absence of any info on Lincoln's web site or knowledge of the concierge staff or dealer network is puzzling. The tax credit would makes the bottom line spend on a GT model a lot more attractive (and almost a no-brainer).

I was finally able to drive a GT Black Label at a local dealer this morning. I did not detect the hard switch between electric and gas engine that a lot of reviewers mentioned. FWIW, I used cargurus to find which dealers had the GT and called around until I found one that wasn't pre-sold. It's a better tool than the Lincoln web site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only thing I could find on one of the Ford forums that this was discussed quite a bit was this comment.

"The real kick in the pants will be the 13.1 -kWh battery with only 25 miles range. Even the 2020 Escape gets over 14 kWh on its battery. At 13.1, the tax credit works out to $5877.70"

Despite calls to multiple dealers and Lincoln concierge, I've been unable to confirm if the Aviator GT will be eligible for the IRS tax rebate. The car is not yet listed on Federal Tax Credits for Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Cars but if it were, I believe it would be worth at least $6,295 in federal tax credit since its a better PHEV spec than the Range Rover Sport.

The absence of any info on Lincoln's web site or knowledge of the concierge staff or dealer network is puzzling. The tax credit would makes the bottom line spend on a GT model a lot more attractive (and almost a no-brainer).

I was finally able to drive a GT Black Label at a local dealer this morning. I did not detect the hard switch between electric and gas engine that a lot of reviewers mentioned. FWIW, I used cargurus to find which dealers had the GT and called around until I found one that wasn't pre-sold. It's a better tool than the Lincoln web site.

It does make it more affordable and almost the same price if fully loaded. Just you have to wait to file your taxes to get it back. Or go crazy and stop them coming out of your pay until you reach that amount then start it up again. That would make payroll real happy.

If you get it fully loaded it makes th GT about $2200 more than the normal. Not too shabby.

Back