Aviator Grand Touring PHEV timing to dealers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aviator Grand Touring PHEV timing to dealers?

ilguy

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
I know the rollout of the Aviator has been slow, but I've yet to find a dealer that can give me an idea of when the grand touring PHEV model will roll out to the lots. Anybody heard anything?

Also, have you seen the Reserve Monochromatic option for the Navigator!? This would be awesome on the Aviator.....

I know the rollout of the Aviator has been slow, but I've yet to find a dealer that can give me an idea of when the grand touring PHEV model will roll out to the lots. Anybody heard anything?

Also, have you seen the Reserve Monochromatic option for the Navigator!? This would be awesome on the Aviator.....

Mine was ordered in August and it's still not here....

A few GR's and BLGR's popped up at dealers on CarGuru. I called a bunch and they were all pre-solds that came in the week of 1/7/2020. No word on further deliveries. I am a little concerned about the latest review that motor1.com did. They did an 800 mile drive recently and mentioned that the electric/ICE fighting each other issue from the August press event is still very apparent.

If anyone gets one of these - please let me know your thoughts. I've got a Explorer lease coming up in March and have been debating on the Aviator PHEV vs a Tesla Model X.

My Aviator got to the dealer today finally. That's five months and two days from order to the dealer.

Back