• Register Today It's free!

Aviator GT - 494 HP / 630 lbft

Flying68

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ex Ownr 12 Explr Lmtd AWD

Specs released today 2020 Lincoln Aviator final specs show it makes even more horsepower

Downside is the battery is only 13.6 kWh, so 2.4 kWh short of a full tax credit, but you still get $6500 from Uncle Sam. Power and Torque make up for the lack of battery though.

The horsepower-to-weight ratio is about the same as the conventional power plant. Torque is certainly better, but I question if the added complexity is worth it. Plus, you lose 2WD, which I think makes for a better driving experience.

The horsepower-to-weight ratio is about the same as the conventional power plant. Torque is certainly better, but I question if the added complexity is worth it. Plus, you lose 2WD, which I think makes for a better driving experience.
What do you mean by that???? The Aviator GT comes standard with 4WD, same as the Explorer ST. It is the exact same architecture. The electric motor is attached to the the input shaft of the transmission after the ICE. The Aviator GT will have 11.49 lbs/hp, the Aviator Reserve AWD will be 12.24 lbs/hp. Plus you get the benefit of electric only operation and higher city MPG from the hybrid.

What do you mean by that???? The Aviator GT comes standard with 4WD, same as the Explorer ST. It is the exact same architecture. The electric motor is attached to the the input shaft of the transmission after the ICE. The Aviator GT will have 11.49 lbs/hp, the Aviator Reserve AWD will be 12.24 lbs/hp. Plus you get the benefit of electric only operation and higher city MPG from the hybrid.

The RWD Reserve is 11.91 lbs/hp the GT will be 11.49. I’m using the base curb weights ( 4,764 and 5,678) specified at

2020 Lincoln® Aviator Reserve Detailed Specifications | Lincoln.com

I think 11.91 and 11.49 are about the same for practical purposes. You do indeed get electric-only operation and maybe you get better mileage with the hybrid, which is attractive for many buyers, but not me. I want my steering wheels unencumbered by AWD and I don’t want to be hauling around 1,000 pounds of battery. Of course, that weight is low in the vehicle and might make it more stable in a corner: I had to think about that, but in the final analysis, AWD and hybrid just seemed to be a bunch of heavy, complicated crap I don’t really need.

I bet that GT torque will be sweet, though: no argument there.

Back