• Register Today It's free!

Aviator GT garage plug-in

Goair4se

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
My new Aviator Grand Touring was built 3/5/20 and should arrive soon. I can find zero information about the plug-in system and garage set up other than one picture of a bagged cord in the trunk. Anyone have experience? Is a 220v system worthwhile to cut the charge time in half? My electric panel is beside the parking slot so it should be easy for an electrician to install a 220v outlet in the garage. Is anything else needed (different cord. adapter. box & cord like I see at Costco, etc)? Are 3rd party components or Lincoln parts better? Is it worthwhile to have a "permanent" cord in the garage and another to take along for on-the-road or unsupecting neighbor charging? Is there a way to set the charge time to hours when home electricity is cheaper (I think my Florida Power Light company bills that way)? Any other tips or hacks? I have an old Prius but as you can tell I am clueless on plug-ins.

Some owners of plug-in hybrids or electric cars have opted to install a 240v charging station at home. This cuts down the amount of time to charge the battery. Have you read the Manual beginning on page 223 and in particular page 229?

Peter

Some owners of plug-in hybrids or electric cars have opted to install a 240v charging station at home. This cuts down the amount of time to charge the battery. Have you read the Manual beginning on page 223 and in particular page 229?

Peter
Thanks Peter, I had not found that portion of the owners manual. I have answered all my questions and chose to install a 240v charger from Amazon for convenience. Total was about $750 installed.

Back