• Register Today It's free!

Aviator Speed Limit Sign Removal?

Axles of Evil

Reaction score
City, State
Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Platinum
Does anyone know how to remove the speed limit signs from the speedometer on the Aviator. I prefer not to have the speed limit displayed in the Speedometer as it is a bit distracting. Cant find a menu option to disable or remove it. Currently I do not have the speed limit recognition enabled in the intelligent cruise control menu, only the adaptive control. Looked through all the menu's....am I missing it somewhere, or is it that we just cant get rid of it? Help please.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't actually looked to see if it can be removed via any settings. I'm curious as to why you find it distracting. If it isn't enabled, doesn't it just sit there? If it flashes when exceeding the limit, you can adjust that in your settings by modifying the 'over speed' allowance.

Peter

There is a good chance it comes form the navigation. I know my navigation screen in my F150 normally shows the speed limit it is possible Lincoln moves this to the instrument cluster.

It may be tied to navigation but the vehicle is also capable of reading speed signs and speeds not available in navigation.

Peter

I was going off him saying he does not have that turned on. It also makes me wonder if the heads up display shows navigation speed limits or sign recognition.

Edit: this is from the owners manual for heads up display.
SPEED LIMIT DISPLAY AREA
Displays your speed limit information (if available in the map database or detected by the camera).

I guess if lincoln still uses a memory card for navigation one could remove it to see if the speed limit display on the cluster disappears. Or call the concierge from the Lincoln page and they can help. The few times I have called them they have been pretty helpful and that was even before mine was on order.

There is no navigation card.

Back