Aviator- Turn signals not stopping blinking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aviator- Turn signals not stopping blinking

Aviator and the Z

Reaction score
City, State
Ventura
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
Our Aviator (purchased beginning of Sept.) will not stop blinking after making turns. We took it to the Dealer, and they said they have to replace the whole steering column. Does this seem normal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since you are the first to report the issue, there are no other posts to refute what the dealer said. The way everything is integrated these days, it wouldn't be surprising.

Peter

They wouldn’t replace that column unless they had to.

odd. Although I JUST read about this config setting in forscan. You can set your blinker to blink and stay blinking even after the stalk clicks back to the middle. Could just be a config change. Otherwise there could be more wrong with the blinker stalk.

EDIT: I found this info when looking to make changes to the number of blinks, that happen when you tap the blinker for a lane change.

Our Aviator (purchased beginning of Sept.) will not stop blinking after making turns. We took it to the Dealer, and they said they have to replace the whole steering column. Does this seem normal?
Did it happen to be when turning left? Ours does it some too.

There's a setting available in ForScan for the number of blinks on a lane change and an "OUC" (on until cancelled). Not sure how, but perhaps OUC has been enabled.

There's a setting available in ForScan for the number of blinks on a lane change and an "OUC" (on until cancelled). Not sure how, but perhaps OUC has been enabled.
That is not the issue I am talking about.

That is not the issue I am talking about.
"Our Aviator (purchased beginning of Sept.) will not stop blinking after making turns." That's an exact description of OUC. What do you do to make it stop blinking?

Can you provide more information as to where this setting is in Forscan? I have been unable to find it.

Can you provide more information as to where this setting is in Forscan? I have been unable to find it.
Frankly, we're still looking for it. It's supposed to be in the SCCM, but either Ford buried it, moved it or just wants to be cantankerous.

Frankly, we're still looking for it. It's supposed to be in the SCCM, but either Ford buried it, moved it or just wants to be cantankerous.
Ah, based on your reply, I thought you may have found it. This change is the last one I want to make to my vehicle.

Ah, based on your reply, I thought you may have found it. This change is the last one I want to make to my vehicle.
Haven't tripped over it yet. Now that we have a break in the sauna, I may be able to spend more time in the car searching for the elusive scutter.

Back