2015 FPIU
I’m going to be away for work for about 3mo

Cold climate, but in closed garage

Topped off fuel non ethanol

Disconnected both terminals of battery

Windows cracked, park brake off

Missing anything?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Everything sounds good, I’d also chock the wheels to prevent flat spots. The plastic ones are about $5 each on Amazon

I would of just purchased a battery tender and put it on the battery, then when you get home everything will be ready to go when you turn the key on.

I’m going to be away for work for about 3mo
Cold climate, but in closed garage
Topped off fuel non ethanol
Disconnected both terminals of battery
Windows cracked, park brake off

Missing anything?

Thanks
Some recommend an oil and filet change. Do you have issues with mice running around in little parkas?

Peter

Some recommend an oil and filet change. Do you have issues with mice running around in little parkas?

Peter

Haven’t seen any indication of mice

Closest we have are some friendly hippies ;)

I'd make sure the tires are fully inflated, and battery fully charged (and disconnected) or consider a battery tender as JAPeterson mentioned.

Depending on weather it is pure gas or E10, it has a shelf life of 3 to 6 months.

Depending on weather it is pure gas or E10, it has a shelf life of 3 to 6 months.
He is in Alaska. I would imagine it's cold weather. ;)

Peter

He is in Alaska. I would imagine it's cold weather. ;)

Peter
When I look at the 10 day forecast for the location he has listed in his profile, seems warmer than some areas of the lower 48 right now.

I guess with all the weird and wild changes to weather patterns, nothing is like it used to be many years ago.

Peter

SE AK is a rain forest, it doesn’t get cold like northern AK, think more like Seattle with the cloud deck acting like a blanket

SE AK is a rain forest, it doesn’t get cold like northern AK, think more like Seattle with the cloud deck acting like a blanket
I'd like to visit AK someday. Let us know how things are with the car in 3 months.

Closest we have are some friendly hippies
How many hippies does it take to screw in a light bulb?

They don't screw in light bulbs-- they screw in dirty sleeping bags!:p

Back