• Register Today It's free!

AWD lowering

5.0 explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Tyngsboro, Ma.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford explorer xlt v8
Ok I'm looking to lower the truck 2.5 up front at 1.5 in the rear don't know what kit I will use any suggestions would be nice.
but I have a few questions
1. will a set of camber adjusting bolts for the upper control arm be enough to realign the front end??
2. will this small of a drop have any effect on my drive shafts?
3. do you think I need to go lower??
4. how bad will the stock wheels and tries look on a lowered explorer??

thanks guys....... :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2.5 is about the max I would lower. I think at 2.5 the camber adjusters will straighten everything out. It would look better with aftermarket wheels of course, but those can be added later :)

anyone know if a good kit??

As far as blocks go, they don't come in halves, you'll have choices of 1", 2", 3", or 4". Universal kits located at Autozone or Pep Boys can do the job, all the U-bolts, nuts, washers and bolts all included.

The front.. just torsion twist, search the forums for "Torsion Twist 101" thread, all the info you'll ever need.

Like MBrooks said, you'll be needing some camber adjusters as well. You can get these off eBay, locally at NAPA or Autozone for pretty cheap. Look for the 2 degree ones, you should be fine.

awesome guys... I will be working on this in the near future...
I hope its slow on monday.. I will have to punch out and do it .... wile Im at work...

Back