Axle Swap Alignment Problems

Joes4x4Ranger

Reaction score
City, State
The center of Hell, Parker, Arizona!
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Hey all,
I just finished a D28 to D35 Swap. The entire D35 is bone stock factory. The D35 has 2.5 Degree bushings in it and the camber is still 2-3 degrees positive with the bushings maxed out. I have the factory D28 coils in it NO LIFT. Anyone else ever had problems with camber after an axle swap? My rig is a '85 Ranger, only aftermarket parts so far are a set of Duff Radius arms. I cant see how the Duff arms would affect camber. Suggestions Please.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the duff radius arms are designed to be used with 3-4" of lift!
Check with Duff to see if they can be used with no lift.

you didnt tell me you had duff arms in the PM's you sent.
Are these early style Duff arms or the new Heim single bar ones?

I agree, but still something is fishy.

Also are those 2.5 degree shims 2.5 in a 2wd or 4x4? it can be misleading going off what is stamped on them.

Are dana 28 coils longer then D35 coils? I wouldnt think so but tis somethng to look into

410Fortune said:
I agree, but still something is fishy.

Also are those 2.5 degree shims 2.5 in a 2wd or 4x4? it can be misleading going off what is stamped on them.

Are dana 28 coils longer then D35 coils? I wouldnt think so but tis somethng to look into

I took the Duff arms off put the stock arms on, everything looks good now. With the stock arms back on it I have -camber that can be adjusted out. The shims were maxed out to the - side so I have plenty to bring it back. The only thing I can figure with the Duff arms is I was not able to compress the factory springs enough/ shocks too long, or I did not have the arm length perfect. Its OK for now, I'm sick of screwing with this thing in the Desert heat. I'll play around with it again once it cools down in this hell hole.

Back