Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like you guys had a great time. How did the new meats work Rick?

New tires worked GREAT.

Getting ready to leave for day 2. More photos tonight!

Awesome !!

Looks like you guys and gals had a blast.

Was everyone who ran Raw Deal sporting 35" tires ?? Carnage ??

Enjoy the weekend - Keep the pictures coming!!

Paul
'91 Sport

Re: Awesome !!

Originally posted by Paul
Was everyone who ran Raw Deal sporting 35" tires ??

I am pretty sure ray hutchinson is running 33x10.5. When I saw his rig last time there was no way he would clrear 35"s and it doesnt look much differnt in those pics then when i saw it last.

Thanks for the pics. Wish I could be out there. I hate it when school gets in my way of having fun :fire:

Matt

Where are the two Texans that are supose to be there... I know Michael would have never pasted that trail up.

I was wondering the same thing... Though they may not have been there for Friday's run, so they may not have been there yet.

The Arizona Run has come and went... I had a GREAT time! Ya know what?? EVERYONE who made a deposit showed up!!!! Quite a difference from Truckhaven where less than 50% showed up.

Carnage...

Rick Gamboa - Hi-Lift Jack turned into a pretzel... Broken torsion bar adjuster bolt.

Jared (6 tire) Doty - blew 2 tires on Crown King trail.

Rick Horwitz, scrape on Raw Deal and Swamper worn down in the sidewall from rubbing against tie rod.

Paul Bredehoft, scrape on Raw Deal, ripped out valve stem from wheel on Ajax Mine trail, blow out on freeway.

Colin Igancio - Scrapes on Raw Deal, broken main leaf spring.

Bill Collins, coil springs popped out a couple times.

Ray Hutchinson - electrical fire, Crown King Trail.

Jared (eosmotorsports) - cracked D-35 pumpkin in half.

Kevin Cross - dented front suspension crossmember.

Tom Rios - scrapes on Raw Deal, crossmember bent on Upper Ajax, broke 2 lift blocks on Raw Deal.

Rod (Sinjin) - trashed a ball joint.

Mark (Maniak) - "I got a round tree root in square hole of the gas tank skid plate. (the hole so you can get to the bolt).. I still have the piece of root stuck in there.. and the tank is dented and the strap holding it up is tweaked pretty good."

That's about 50% right there and I may have left some out!

Most impressive driving... Alec in SPLAT!! Alec NEVER needed the strap and that just freaked me out! Says a lot for 2wd a locker and excellent driving.

BTW... I had the fortune to pull a Jeep Wrangler across the Gila River :D Kevin has a photo of that, I can't wait until it's posted!

More photos and video will be posted tomorrow!

I had an awesome time at Crown King, I wish that I planned timing out well enough to make the Sun. run :(
But it was cool to finally meet some of the people I read about/from... and put faces with trucks. What a cool group of people. Thanks again Rick and Char for having us all over at your place, that was really cool of you to do. Now I need a bumper/winch like Fakrwee, and rock sliders like Ray Hutchinson's, and .... :D

Nice Photos Rick! Now I am even sadder about missing the run on Sun :( Everything looks like it went well, and I am sure a good time was had by all.

wow! That sounds like a lot of carnage! Did anyone get through with NO carnage that did the tough trails? Looks like a lot of fun though.
Doty you goof, two flat tires! Dang! Hope everyone had their plugs with them :)

Here you go Rick.

Forgive the poor photography, by the time I got my camera on Rick was already half way across.

tug.jpg

I'll get the rest of my pics up later.

Thanks Kevin.

That shot is me pulling a Wrangler across the River. He had taken a lot of water into his engine when he first crossed so he wanted some help.

For some reason the photo didn't show up when you tried to link it to MSN, so I put it on my server.

I suggest placing a link to your MSN album instead of linking other photos.

Thanks again.

Rick,
Another piece of canage (ok..not much).. I managed to put a round peg in a square hole.

I got a round tree root in square hole of the gas tank skid plate. (the hole so you can get to the bolt)..

I still have the piece of root stuck in there.. and the tank is dented and the strop holding it up is tweaked pretty good.

~Mark

Is this Jacks old Explorer?

P2131681.jpg

????

Sure looks like it. The "Running" boards look familiar.

Yes, that was Jacks Explorer. I don't remember who bought it, but they brought it to the Az run.

btw.. linking to the pic like that didn't work (I had to copy the url and go to it directly)..

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, that was Jack's Explorer. His board name is Godspeed and his name is Jason. Jason and his family were friends with Jack. The rig fell into good hands.

Jason has added a body lift to the truck and some good looking Lund hood scoops.

Back