B&A of my clears! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B&A of my clears!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks great. amazing what a little difference like clear corners make on a truck, isnt it?

I don't know if I'm just tired or what. Is your steering wheel on the wrong side or what? heheheheheh LOL!!!!

Yeah and I got one of those backwards license plates :)

Wow, those look really good. Where did you get them and how much were they if you don't mind?

Big Poppa, I got them from www.pacificie.com for $70 all together including s/h.

You can give Ebay a shot, www.pacificie.com usually has an auction going on. Let me check...Dead Link Removed You might get a buck or two off by bidding, or you can just buy directly from the site.

I was hesitant about the $70, but the difference it totally worth it, get them!!

Hope this answers your question, let me know...

Matt

matt...sweet.

glad to hear you got them finally :)

night and day fitz.. looks GREAT! ya gonna get some clear/euro tails?

darkfox and matt, i would be careful...the only tails available for us are clears...dmv says must have red reflectors on the rear... matt, you know how silicon valley cops are...

It's funny you mention those rear clears...I checked pacificie and they ran out, then I called auto syndicate and they said they stopped makin them but they have some left. I just don't think I wanna play $110 bucks for them! Plus I gotta buy the LEDs. But then again it would add a lot to the truck, especially since I have the front clears. Basically for the amount of uncertainty I have about them, I am not willing to risk wasting $110 if they look dumb.

What do you guys think? Maybe I could sell the stock rears on ebay to bring the price of my clears down?? Hey that's an idea...

Matt

yeh looks great man. =)

Originally posted by FitzMatt
It's funny you mention those rear clears...I checked pacificie and they ran out, then I called auto syndicate and they said they stopped makin them but they have some left. I just don't think I wanna play $110 bucks for them! Plus I gotta buy the LEDs. But then again it would add a lot to the truck, especially since I have the front clears. Basically for the amount of uncertainty I have about them, I am not willing to risk wasting $110 if they look dumb.

What do you guys think? Maybe I could sell the stock rears on ebay to bring the price of my clears down?? Hey that's an idea...

Matt

matt be careful...dmv says in the rear you must have red reflectors. these arent available with clears.....Santa Clara has some tough cops.....be careful!!!!!!!!

yo FitzMatt lives in backward town! home of the infamous Backwards Man... (if you haven't seen Freddie Got Fingered, you wouldnt know. Also if you havent seen it, dont see it.)

How are the light outputs for the clear corner lights? is it about equivallent or better or worse? when my 98 signals, i totally up anything in front and behind me! its almost as bright as my fogs. REALLY WIERD?!?!

If anything, the light output is less. But there is a huge difference in clarity! At night the signals looks so much clearer and crisper! But I'm thinkin about putting the white bulbs in instead of the orange cuz at night you cant even tell I have clears...

Oh and you are SOOOOOOO right about not seeing Freddy Got Fingered if you haven't already seen it. That has to be the worst movie i have ever seen, no joke!! It was terrible!!! Do you remember the part when he "delivered" the baby? That gave me nightmares for a week!

I've heard it all before guys..

yea, I forgot about that, fitz, APC stopped making them, I forget why. They're goal I beleive is to replace the ones that were popular with the euro-clear models, apparently the X below '98 didn't sell enough for cheap parts company to make.

As far as the clear corners, the light on mine is tons better than those horrible stock lenses and orange bulbs.. when I use my turnsignals now I can SEE on the side of the road. Its definatley obvious that I'm turning too.. cos from in front from a distance that headlight appears to get brigher.. what else could that be? some crazy electrical signal? its not like the person in front needs to know that bad where you're going anyway.. front lenses are hardly enforced aorund here.

btw, hold on to your stock lenses..you never know when someone with a stick up the wrong end will make ya chgange em out.

Originally posted by DarkFox1
btw, hold on to your stock lenses..you never know when someone with a stick up the wrong end will make ya chgange em out.

yeah, that's the cops around here... not the clear corners, but the tails. some people still have them though, guess they haven't been caught yet.

hey darkfox, haven't seen you posting for a while.

With regards to the rear clears, I've heard that in the day they look kinda shoddy. Its just two dots instead of the whole lens lighting up. At night they're spectacular, but in the day they are just two dots. Any experience with this cuz that sounds hokey!!

yup matt, in the day they dont light up and they look pink

na man.. the best look for a clear IS during the day.. when yer not braking.. like parked somewhere.. yes, with LEDs tho, it is just 2 red dots, I will hafta take a pic of this one day.. my friends tell me its hard to see.. and I'm working on that.. slowly but surley!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well of course they look best during the day when you're not braking!! That's what I would get them for, hehe. But about this whole 2 dots/pink thing, I'm not too sure. Now I don't know if I want them...

Darkfox, do you think you could do me a favor and take a picture of them during the day with the brakes on??? That would be awesome.

Back