B-pillar issue | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B-pillar issue

Thanks for the response! It's not the inner panel, but the outer trim that's giving me problems. Photos attached.

2014Explorer_1.jpg

2014Explorer_2.jpg
No recall that I'm aware of on that exterior trim piece - I think I paid about $50-60 for the one I bought - it has a double sided tape on the back and 2 clips that can break easily. If you can remove it without breaking it, you can replace the double sided tape and try to reinstall it.

Hello, First time on here.

My 2014 Explorer Sport has the outer door panel on the passenger side door starting to come off....not the front A-frame(?), but the one on the side of the door. There is one just like it on the front of the back doors. It's like the glue is giving out. I was just going to buy some automotive adhesive, but surely this is a common thing. I'm way out of warranty, but does anyone know of a recall on this?

If I drive much more, it will end up on the side of the road, then I'm sunk.
Now that we know it is a 'B' pillar issue, your posts have been moved here. Check the link in post #14 for some info that may help.
On the other hand, is there any way you can slide some double sided tape in the opening?
AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake | Parts & Accessories

Peter

Thanks for the response! It's not the inner panel, but the outer trim that's giving me problems. Photos attached.

2014Explorer_1.jpg

2014Explorer_2.jpg
Ah, been there, done that. The final repair was done with 3M weatherstrip adhesive. Pull it out like you show in the last picture and far enough to glop in a bunch of the weatherstrip adhesive, wait a few minutes and then clamp it down and leave it for a few hours. I used a big metal clothes pin type clamp with rubber covered ends. It's lasted a year now without coming back up.

That's exactly what I've done! It seems to be holding okay, but I'm keeping the 3M tape in the glove box just in case.

Thanks!!

Back