B2 Guys Bronco Build, restore for crawling. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B2 Guys Bronco Build, restore for crawling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not spending time posting anymore..

Well, i picked up a lightly modded 89 Bronco 2, that will be serving as my new offroader, I will have it ready for July Smorr event.

Current To do list:
Swap in Explorer 302
Explorer Auto
Arb Front locker -install
Longarm build for front
Possibly a 4 link rear?? _not till after Smorr

Cage, body trimming and cutting. not any more, bought a different body

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well if greg is ready by then, were doing some major tranny work.

And Greg your crazy!! Video LOL

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

engine mounts in today, Im gonna plan on setting engine on chassis tommorow after work.

Update: Engine/tranny/tcase removed

Next task, likley sunday, pull chassis out of my garaga and power wash everything, then let dry and get started wire wheeling the outer frame rail, for some fresh paint, and making decision to box section of the rear frame, where eventually 4link mounts will be??

All parts accept headers and locker are in..

Update ordered steering box rebuild kit and I'm gathering materials for doing Hyrdo assist Ram

What color should I paint this thing????

I think everyone is getting ready for Moab & All Ford Nationals right now Brad. Everybody is in a rush to get there crap tweaked out for their respective runs. I'm sure when they get back to normal, more will jump in with some responses here.

I say paint it Black of course :p:

Oh....a red frame?

looks like everything is starting to come together nicely brad, i should have keep reading the thread as you where starting to gather up the parts. as i have a great rust free and un-beaten b2 body here. but that maybe the next project :D got the 5.0 pulled and the wiring harness down to 6 wires now for it to run in the ranger and the linc. even had cable kickdown for the c-4, but i'm still not liking the dana 20 j-shift :mad: may have to order a twin stick for it. but hopefully next weekend the efi will be in and running, thinking about a lock-right for the front dana 44 and need to find disk brake parts for it. but i promise to keep up on your build as your making me rethink already

Thanx guys, I hope that my thread will be usefull to others in the future. Im uploading several pics from the other day and today so far, I have washed frame, and hualed home engine and tranny that I will be using, next up gonna work on cleaning up frame rails.

010-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

Engine thats going in, the other in my basement ran, but I think needs rebuilt, this one is ready to put in.
007-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

And it was donated from this Explorer-some might remember it was gonna get rebuilt, but idea was scratched.
100_2403.jpg

000_0033.jpg

000_0052.jpg

Todays work so far.

013-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

Didnt know it at the time, but I ended up having to cut a little bit out of the back side of the crossmemeber, maybe like 1inch into just to clear the oilpan, I didnt want to buy a new oil pan
015-2.jpg

021-2.jpg

019-2.jpg

Engine mounts are bolted together and hooked to the frame, not tighten yet, need to do little adjustment to rear tranny mount.

Quite a bit of progress being made, but sorry no pics :(

Today is a great day sold jeep!!! Now time to focus on my Truggy to the garage I go..

I'm still slackin' on checking up around here--lookin' good, man! I was just going to say to keep the B2 body but just lose the front fenders, cut the rears, make some tube doors, and you really wouldn't have much body left anyway!

I might be sending some info to a friend of mine who's thinking about getting into wheeling but needs to do it cheap. I'm thinking B2 for him--how much RBV stuff do you have around the farm? :D

Looking forward to the rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back