Baby it’s cold outside! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Baby it’s cold outside!

Every winter I tell myself I need to replace all 4 struts because they make weird noises when it gets cold.

Then when it warms up, they get quieter.
I probably need to replace the anyway, but freezing temperatures do something to the strut towers and seats, or whatever you call these things :)
Yes!...Like yours, mine just need replacing but the cold definitely makes them more noisy.
How are you guys attaching pics? I've tried but not working I do not have any url for pics
If you’re not an Elite member you can host your pics at image shack then insert the link to your post.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ever since this last -5F stretch at 3am my airbag light comes on......after 3 minutes I shut it off and restart and it goes away.... my battery is doing great and turns over fast like always but system hates this cold..... whole truck feels like crap, noises and vibrations...... really hate cold and only way to get my heat blasting is to turn on max a/c and recirculate the already warmed air through the hvac to become super heated

In those very cold areas, it's a great idea to look into block heaters to help warm the fluids. That's a little more trouble to keep up with, but it will help the starter and the engine etc, over the long run. You guys must become experts with cold starting, having jumper cables handy and extra battery etc, a whole group of extra stuff. Synthetic fluids are more beneficial up there too, they can handle the extreme temps better, and last longer than lesser fluids. I'm tough on cars so I'm used to using better fluids etc, I have plenty of Amsoil products in my garage.

Stay warm up there and don't get stranded on the roads or worse places. I didn't like the 1-5 degrees we had this morning, I'm glad it doesn't stick around too long here.

City mostly shut down around New Years because it was low 20s at night and didn't get above 35F until Jan 3. I think I even saw some snowflakes at one point. Today, I was out gardening in a t-shirt in the much more seasonally average 65F sunshine. That's winter in Texas for you.

City mostly shut down around New Years because it was low 20s at night and didn't get above 35F until Jan 3. I think I even saw some snowflakes at one point. Today, I was out gardening in a t-shirt in the much more seasonally average 65F sunshine. That's winter in Texas for you.

your post makes me want to come find you and put some ice down your pants

While you have the ice out, Friday I will be leaving with 6 other guys for a RV trip to the Florida Keys. Two January’s ago when we went it was “only” in the 50’s... hoping for warmer this time.

Back