Back in a Ford Explorer after years away! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back in a Ford Explorer after years away!

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Doubt most folks around here even remember me anymore... but used to be quite active in the early days of the forum when I had a lifted 94 Explorer with all kinds of lights on it. I used to be moderator of the performance lighting forum, and I've been moderator of the escape forum for several years, but that forum doesn't get much activity here, but still kept me popping in from time to time. Otherwise, I've been fairly dormant. I've had a Ford Escape since 2011 or so, and it was just stock and had no major problems.
Thursday I flew out to Ohio and picked up a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport and drove it back to Colorado Thursday and Friday. We're finally back home!
Not a whole lot in the way of plans to modify it... specifically tried to find an explorer with most everything I wanted so I wouldn't HAVE to modify anything. Planning on some weathertech floormats, other than that, not much!
So far the only problem I've found with the explorer is that locking the front door my touching hte handle seems to work intermittently at best... not sure if that's a common problem, but not a major deal. I did figure out how to get my keypad code (the dealer I bought it from wasn't a ford dealer and couldn't seem to figure out how to do it) and one of the keys is damaged and held together by tape, but I was originally told it only had one key, so I'm not too upset over that. Will likely have to replace it soon, but was planning on that expense...
IMG_4205.jpeg
IMG_4193.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome back Matt and welcome to the 5th gen Forum.:wave:

Peter

Once Explorer, Always Explorer !

Excellent choice!

If you have 2 working keys, you can buy spares on ebay pretty cheap and program them yourself.

Excellent choice!

If you have 2 working keys, you can buy spares on ebay pretty cheap and program them yourself.
Thanks, I'd looked into that! I'd heard different things about whether keys could be programmed, but for what I imagine the dealer will charge me for it, it is probably worth it to at least try...

Back