Back to Truck Haven October 24 - 25 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back to Truck Haven October 24 - 25

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..I'm on the way back from the Ultra4 races in Reno and am looking forward to this trip..:burnout:

I have stock seats if anyone is interested. No seat brackets. Want them out of my garage. Also have my custom rear seats that I made.

Potluck

Rick - Kugle
Steve
Mark
Brian - Sarah's Caesar Salad
Norm & Sue - Spaghetti !!
Daniel

My buddy Kris is going to make his spam sushi and I'll bring a desert cake of sorts

Oh and if yall were planning on a movie at night, I'll be bringing a big white van thay can be used as a screen

I have stock seats if anyone is interested. No seat brackets. Want them out of my garage. Also have my custom rear seats that I made.

What shape are the fronts in? Not making this trip but will be in socal for Thanksgiving.

What shape are the fronts in? Not making this trip but will be in socal for Thanksgiving.

They are in very good shape. I have had covers on them the whole time. $50 and there yours, next time your down this way. Or maybe we can come up with some trade. Who knows what fancy thing you will come up with next on that plasma table :D

You know what's really fun?? Changing out an alternator on the wife's Saturn. Have to pull the passenger side engine mounts to wiggle it out. If they would have designed the sub-frame one inch further out it would have come right out.

ForumRunner_20151019_112626.jpg

ForumRunner_20151019_112640.jpg

Explorer took ten minutes. This POS six hours. If you tighten the alternator bolts a little too much, the case deforms and puts pressure on the shaft. Even the drive belt was a pain.

I'm getting close to ready... I replaced the face of the dashboard yesterday and only blew 1 fuse while wiring the rock lights back into the switch.. I had the switch upside down...

Now I just need to take the front wheels off and check the bearings and pack all those new to me extra flat washers and other front misc parts (bearings/ seals etc) in the X with a replacement outer passenger axle shaft as the one I took out last time is all chewed up where the plastic washer goes...

Tomorrow I pick up a pair of trailer tires to replace the 2 the blew on the trailer while sitting over the summer... I really need to get those tires covered during the summer and maybe even get the weight off them. At least I'm going a step up this time to carlisle tires. If I would have noticed this earlier I probably would have picked up better tires (maxxis etc)..

If they would have designed the sub-frame one inch further out it would have come right out
A sawzall is your friend.. You can build an SOA, so I know you could modify the subframe on the saturn...

~Mark

90's and thunderstorms predicted Thursday and Friday.

What source? Wunderground and TWC show no chance of rain later this week at Salton City..

~Mark

What source? Wunderground and TWC show no chance of rain later this week at Salton City..

~Mark
AccuWeather says so it must be true.

I could have modified the sub frame, but I would have had to remove all that stuff to do that. Plus I didn't want to spend two days cutting up the wife's car. She is easily annoyed.

Took Dora into the shop today to have my mechanic replace an inner tie rod ($25 is totally worth it) and when I parked, I noticed a green puddle underneath... Great. Hopefully it's a leaky hose and not the radiator. I guess in the mechanics parking lot is a perfect place to notice something like that

Washed the RV, loaded my tools and filled up the water tank. Did a little snack shopping at the .99 store, and bought new tires for the wife's car.

Finished the new rear bumper and tire carrier.
Finished redecking the trailer (finally).
Still have way too much to do!!

Hooked the trailer up and started getting ready this morning... and it started pouring :( Rain is predicted through tomorrow too :banghead:

So much for getting an early start at packing up...

It is with deepest regret and months of planning we have to cancel this trip. Something unexpected came up, and we're not going to make this one:(

We should start planning the next one however, be it Thanksgiving or January.

See you guys soon.:thumbsup:

Tomorrow I pick up a pair of trailer tires to replace the 2 the blew on the trailer while sitting over the summer...

Oh how I hate it when things break from just sitting:banghead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is with deepest regret and months of planning we have to cancel this trip. Something unexpected came up, and we're not going to make this one:(

We should start planning the next one however, be it Thanksgiving or January.

See you guys soon.:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear you can't make it Steve. Hopefully we'll see you in January.

Back