• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Back with a 2011 XLT!

GregV8

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Wow.... when I sold my '04 Eddie Bauer back in 2008 I didn't think I'd be back to this forum someday... was I wrong!

Just picked up a brand new 2011 XLT in candy red! Options: 202A package and Navigation.
This thing is so incredible. Test drove a few other cars, including the BMW X5, but none of them felt as smooth, quiet and refined as the new Explorer.

My only gripes at the moment: P.I.A. MyFord Touch (even with 2.8), and the placement of dead pedal, I can't stretch my left leg.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

uniquename

Reaction score
City, State
Twin Cities, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
Great combo. Mine is a twin without nav and with a moonroof.

Granted, I appear to be a "lucky one" with MFT....but I can not say enough good things about this explorer.

G37RRaiders

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
grats and couldn't agree more on the dead pedal. I am not tall by any mean just 5'10, but the dead pedal is definitely not located well to help you rest your left foot.

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
That's cool you've come back, looks like a nice car.

FordService

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
GregV8,

Congratulations on the new Explorer; that’s a beautiful vehicle! If you would like help with questions or if you run into any problems, please don’t hesitate to message me here! If you’re having issues with your MyFord Touch, we also have a SYNC Support team that is ready and willing to assist you (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3).

Cory