Backseat reminder notification

boxxel

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Hello,

I have a 2020 ST Explorer. I have rented and driven some 2021 Explorer and also an escape, whenever my car is in the shop.. The newer cars have a notification to remind you to check your backseat when you shutoff the vehicle and get out of the car. Does the 2020 have that as well, and I have missed it in my settings? If not, do they plan on adding it to the 2020?

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 21 has it and I turned it off. Yours may be turned off already. Do you have the 10.1" vertical screen? It was my understanding that the smaller 8" horizontal screen has limited menus and not every thing can be accessed.

Hello,

I have a 2020 ST Explorer. I have rented and driven some 2021 Explorer and also an escape, whenever my car is in the shop.. The newer cars have a notification to remind you to check your backseat when you shutoff the vehicle and get out of the car. Does the 2020 have that as well, and I have missed it in my settings? If not, do they plan on adding it to the 2020?

Thank you
Check your manual.

No such feature on my 2020 Aviator that I can find. I was unable to find it in the 2020 Explorer manual as well when searching "reminder". Perhaps it is called something else?

Peter

No such feature on my 2020 Aviator that I can find. I was unable to find it in the 2020 Explorer manual as well when searching "reminder". Perhaps it is called something else?

Peter
Rear occupant alert.

Rear occupant alert.
Thank you. Checked again and found the feature in both Explorer and Aviator manuals. I'm guessing since it also says "if equipped" that mine doesn't have it. I have loaded groceries in the back seat numerous times and never had that alert. I have never checked for the feature in the settings but since the default is ON. I'm guessing I don't have it.

Peter

Yeah think it's a 21+ "feature" that turned off day 1 and will never turn back on.

My 21 has it and I turned it off. Yours may be turned off already. Do you have the 10.1" vertical screen? It was my understanding that the smaller 8" horizontal screen has limited menus and not every thing can be accessed.
I have the 8 inch screen in my Limited and it does have this alert. I'll probably try to figure out how to turn it off since I don't have babies or toddlers anymore.

Back