• Register Today It's free!

Backup camera directional guides

PlumbInspector

Reaction score
City, State
Mill Creek, WA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited FWD
My 2015 Explorer Limited backup camera has the standard guide lines but no directional guide lines like my old 2014 Escape Titanium had. Shouldn't it have the directional(which way front wheels are and how much) and standard guide lines?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Does your Explorer have the Active Park Assist feature? If not, then you won't have the active guidelines.

Peter

Peter, thanks for that. It does have parking sensors front and rear but I can’t give away control it just lets me know proximity .

My 2015 Explorer Limited with Park Assist has the active guidelines, but they are a full 360 degrees out of sync with the steering wheel, i.e. point straight when the steering wheel is one rotation to the left. I have not found a solution for this issue, and does not seem to be common as I do not find others reporting this. The steering angle is set correctly, so it is not an alignment issue.

My 2015 Explorer Limited with Park Assist has the active guidelines, but they are a full 360 degrees out of sync with the steering wheel, i.e. point straight when the steering wheel is one rotation to the left. I have not found a solution for this issue, and does not seem to be common as I do not find others reporting this. The steering angle is set correctly, so it is not an alignment issue.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't believe I've read about that issue before. Did that just start or has it always been like that? Does your Park Assist feature work correctly?

Peter

It has been like that since we bought it used in 2016. We don’t use the park assist, so not sure if it is impacted. I have not found any calibration or module reset to correct it, so I will disable the dynamic lines. They are not useful, and are distracting. It looks like I can disable them with Forscan.

If we turn the steering wheel exactly one full revolution to the left the lines are straight. When the wheels are straight, the steering angle sensor correctly reads zero degrees. When the lines are straight, the steering angle sensor is -360 degrees.

It has been like that since we bought it used in 2016. We don’t use the park assist, so not sure if it is impacted. I have not found any calibration or module reset to correct it, so I will disable the dynamic lines. They are not useful, and are distracting. It looks like I can disable them with Forscan.
Before using FORScan, have you checked your camera settings to see if you can do it there? It seems to me that for some reason the moving lines disappeared on my previous 2017 Explorer Platinum and I found the feature had been turned OFF. I turned it back ON and never had the problem again.

Peter

Back