• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Backup Camera screen cancel button - did it disappear in 3.5.1?

dco43054

Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 XLT
So I finally updated to 3.5.1 on Saturday.

Haven't noticed any significant changes. Bluetooth phone link seems to be a bit better. Had to reprogram all my radio presets again (Really Ford? Can you not just write a file to the USB with my option settings and then restore them at the end of the install?)

One thing I did notice was that the cancel "button" that used to appear in the upper left corner of the backup camera screen, that allowed me to shut off the camera feed, is no longer there.

Is that the same way for everyone else, or do I need to do a Master Reset and see if it will reappear?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

willwitten

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Expy (ToBe '11 Expl)
Mine is gone also.

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
So what is up with that?

It was useful for when you were coming out of reverse into drive, but weren't ready to start rolling just yet, and wanted the main screen back.

Morons.......
I wasn't real happy with the change either. Doesn't seem to serve any purpose by removing it.:thumbdwn:

phareous

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Limite
I wasn't real happy with the change either. Doesn't seem to serve any purpose by removing it.:thumbdwn:
oh i am sure it is a legal liability thing...good old america

Edit: i.e. you hit cancel...back up over a child...sue ford