• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Bad abs sensor....

hockeyadc

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
Can you replace just the abs sensor in a wheel hub? I replaces the hub assembly months ago and now I have an abs light again and when I scanned the car its the same front left hub. I think advance auto sold me a crappy sensor/hub assembly but its too late now to take it back...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Number4

"I'm counting to 3, then I'm getting your dad."
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Woodstock, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer 4.6l
Could still be a/the bearing. Sensors are almost as much as bearings. Have you checked to see if they'd warranty it?

ExcursionMJ

Reaction score
City, State
IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Excursion
If you just bought it a few months ago, they should replace it. It could be that your wiring going into the hub sensor is bad though, like a bad pigtail. Either way, if you think it's bad they should replace it.

hockeyadc

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
If you just bought it a few months ago, they should replace it. It could be that your wiring going into the hub sensor is bad though, like a bad pigtail. Either way, if you think it's bad they should replace it.

You mean the wiring that is coming from my car to the hub itself? I replaced the entire hub so the wiring from the hub/abs is new. How would I check the car wiring?

ExcursionMJ

Reaction score
City, State
IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Excursion
You mean the wiring that is coming from my car to the hub itself? I replaced the entire hub so the wiring from the hub/abs is new. How would I check the car wiring?

Yeah from the actual car to the hub. As far as testing that actual pigtail, I will get back with you shortly.