• Register Today It's free!

bad milage

psenova

Reaction score
City, State
potsdam ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport trac
I got my sport trac in december but may have to get rid of it due to bad milage. The dealer i bought it from has had no luck fixing the problem. They are willing to replace the truck at no cost to me but i realy like it.If anyone has any ideas i could give them please contact me.they have replaced sencores fuel filters and just about every thind else they could think of. It still gets 11 miles to the gallon. They have another costomer with the same problem. My vehicle is a 2001 sport trac. Any help would be greatly apreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

psenova said:
I got my sport trac in december but may have to get rid of it due to bad milage. The dealer i bought it from has had no luck fixing the problem. They are willing to replace the truck at no cost to me but i realy like it.If anyone has any ideas i could give them please contact me.they have replaced sencores fuel filters and just about every thind else they could think of. It still gets 11 miles to the gallon. They have another costomer with the same problem. My vehicle is a 2001 sport trac. Any help would be greatly apreciated

Welcome to the site. Give us some information. Like how many miles are on the truck, when was the last time the truck had its plugs & wires changed, the last time the MAF sensor was cleaned, last time the oil and/or transmission was serviced. Generally you should see about 15-18 MPG on your truck but during winter months, some states use winter blends that significantly reduce the mileage but not to the point of getting 11 MPG.

I'm definetly going to keep track of this thread because I'm driving my new / older truck 86 4 runner that I picked up and it's lifted runnin on 36's. So I definetly need to take note of the suggestions on this one.

well if they are offerin to replace it just get it replaced. Theres nothing wrong wioth a new truck is there? Unless they are givin you a used one.

it has 69,000 miles and all of the above have been replaced. They are offering to replace the truck but not with another sport trac and not a new truck either. Although they say it would be a truck of equal value. Other than the milage I realy like this truck. I will check on the MAF sensor.
thanks for the input

Back