Bad Wiper Blades? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bad Wiper Blades?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope Ford didn’t change vendors because Ford replacement wipers are all I use. My 1994 mustang still has its original wipers with 70k miles. My focus had 191k miles with only one set of wipers purchased over its life. Our 2005 f350 gets new wipers about every 7 years since it sits outside. Our 2016 edge is still on OEM wipers. I don’t scrape the windshield so the wipers are used to clear all ice and snow. If they are frozen to the windshield they get punched till they are free. No other wiper has performed like motorcraft wipers for me, add wholesale pricing and it’s a no brainer. I’ll add my explorer wipers have been excellent but only have 4K miles on them but 50” of snow this year so far.

................................. If they are frozen to the windshield they get punched till they are free. .............................
Too bad that Ford removed the windshield wiper deicer on the 2021 Explorer. Curious about the reason.

Peter

2021 202a package was 3k cheaper, somethings were dropped others were std. I think they were trying to bring the MSRP down

2021 202a package was 3k cheaper, somethings were dropped others were std. I think they were trying to bring the MSRP down
That feature was eliminated from all 2021 Explorers and believe also from some of their other lines.

Peter

I don't know why it doesn't qualify. It is on this list under Ford Motor Company; IRC 30D New Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit | Internal Revenue Service
As for your VIN, try entering it on this site; https://parts.ford.com/en.html
If it still isn't recognized then perhaps that is why the vehicle isn't shown as 'qualifying' for the rebate.

Peter
The answer to the question after MUCH searching and calling various folks from Lincoln to the IRS. The correct form number for these tax credit vehicles is an IRS Form 8910 not an 8936. The other interesting thing is that you cannot claim a credit that exceeds your current tax liability. So the Aviator was suppose to have a $6538 credit, my tax liability for last year is $5269. So I figured $1300 or so out the window; wrong again. They take what you had withheld, which is my case was about $4200. So since I owed about $1100, they deducted that leaving me with the $4200 out of the $6500 credit and the credits DO NOT carry over...... :(

On another note; I ordered those wiper blades you linked for me and took them over to the lube shop with me asking for them to be installed (my dealer is worthless) and they pulled them out of the box and all they are is a tiny blade looking deal covered by a tube which looks to be some sort of shipping protector. The part number I got is; WW-2116-R and under that it says; LC5Z-17528-N. Any help on that issue would be appreciated.

Those part numbers are form”blade assemblies” left and right. Looks to be a “cartridge” that goes into the factory blade, due to the blades being heated.

Ford will replace wiper blades within the first 6 months regardless of mileage. Not sure if that is of any help here.

Peter

Mine is outside of the six months time frame, besides the fact that my local dealer took one look at the UV screening film on the windshield installed by the selling dealer, and declared chattering wiper blades were not their problem,

Ok - so I know some people have had luck with getting wiper blades that don’t chatter, skip, bounce, and streak but I have not been so lucky. I’ve tried everything under the sun and still had issue until……

I FOUND THE PERFECT WIPER BLADE!

Trico Sentry hybrid design

Found on clearance at Menards. Constant pressure across the entire blade length. Clean swipes and no chatter or skipping.

I still have the original wiper blades that came on my 2020 Explorer Limited they’ve worked perfect since day one

Hi Gang
I haven't had my new ST for 2 full weeks yet, but I have had some rain storms that show some flaws in the front wipers. It's probably just less than great wiper blades, but they have left streaks and have not flopped over to pull water from the windshield at times causing a poor wipe and some noise.

I guess it's not a deal breaker, but still surprising that I might need to replace wiper blades at less than 3 weeks of ownership.
Speed Test
Have any of the rest of you noticed less than stellar results with your wiper blades?

John in Wisconsin
I've cleaned the windshield and blades very well and it does not improve anything. I can only conclude it's crappy rubber on the blades.

I've cleaned the windshield and blades very well and it does not improve anything. I can only conclude it's crappy rubber on the blades.
Yeah - happening with me as well. Used all the tricks to clean the glass and the blade and still have a several inch streak in the DS wiper in the middle of the path. Time for new blades

The wiper blades on my 2021 Platinum wipe well however they wobble along the long axis as if the connection at the arm is loose. The wobble is very noticeable at the ends of the blades. I've tried 3 different high quality blades and they all have the same wobble.
Anyone found a solution to this?

The problem with the listed replacement blades is that they will not work on the higher end stuff such as my Aviator Hybrid which has wiper fluid pushed out of the wiper blades.

You 'gotta buy Ford or nothing......

The problem with the listed replacement blades is that they will not work on the higher end stuff such as my Aviator Hybrid which has wiper fluid pushed out of the wiper blades.

You 'gotta buy Ford or nothing......
Just did a quick search and both NAPA and Auto Zone show they have them for heated and sprayer. Others might also as those where the only 2 I checked.

Well I bought a new set of blades probably a year ago now, maybe the ones you found were more recently introduced. However, I could not figure out how to change them, the dealership would not do it and neither would the Grease Monkey place where I get my oil changes done as the dealership doesn't want to do those either.

Well I bought a new set of blades probably a year ago now, maybe the ones you found were more recently introduced. However, I could not figure out how to change them, the dealership would not do it and neither would the Grease Monkey place where I get my oil changes done as the dealership doesn't want to do those either.
Pretty sad that the dealer would not do it. Do you have a different dealer near by?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I've been taking my Aviator to a dealership in NE Nevada, about 40 miles from my home. Scary part right now is that Lincoln wanted them to create a bigger customer lounge area and they refused due to the costs involved. Lincoln pulled their dealership, don't know how that's going to go from here on in. They are part of the same dealer network as the dealer nearest me in SW Utah and have been submitting claims through that dealership. All I can do is hope it works because the next closest dealer is 60 miles away and they refused to work on the vehicle as well.

Back