Badlands 08

JMan689

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Downers Grove, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Focus ST
Due to possible weather i don't think this will be happening, Going to plan on a fall run instead.

Alright so i'm pretty jealous of the west coast guys having huge runs at Truckhaven and Moab and the east coast guys at Rausch Creek. I'd love to have gone but i simply don't have enough time to drive all the way out there and i won't next year either.

So i wanted to get a big Midwest/sXc run at Badlands for a weekend sometime in 08 (spring or summer or fall if need be). Now i know Dre, and mynameisairc are both only 2wd right now thats why i'm planning for 08 (hopefully you guys will be done by then).

Right now i'm just looking to see who would be interested, dates, who else needs to get stuff done and how long they think it will take (i know it'll probably take longer but that helps set a date).

All makes and models are welcome but i think it'd be cool to see alot of X's from the midwest. And if any of the guys from west/east coast would want to come out that'd be great to it just seems alot of the midwest is made up of college students who don't have the time to go to far.

Park info:
www.badlandsoffroad.com

Date:
June 6th - 8th

Coming:
JMan689
'97 V8
cableguy
Bigman
mynameisaric

Maybe:
CodePoet**
IZwack
CougarX**
kert0307*
MountaineerGreen*

* = Trip is pending on work.
** = Trip is pending on project done/truck running

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...you could make it a spring break run...;)

Interested for sure.

Depends on the weekend on where i can make it or not. I am getting a business going and that might kick me out of going.

I'm in...if my rig ever gets done! :mad::rolleyes:

Tbars - If that would make it so you could come out here we can see how many other people are available during spring break but it'd be fine with me. I have every weekend off so its up to the others that want to go.

Burns - Like i said to Tbars i wanna try and make it so as many people can make it as possible. I really wanna see the Lime Green Monster in person and on the trails.

Well, I will be mostly stock then, but I figure I will subscribe to the thread now, and see how it progresses. If enough people are showing up, I just might have to go out anyway.

...sorry, i was just helping on the dates...it's been a while since i wheeled out there and it was down in peoria area...;)

...sorry, i was just helping on the dates...it's been a while since i wheeled out there and it was down in peoria area...;)

Peoria, IL? Where is there a place to wheel there? I've got family that lives there and friends that are at Bradley.

Well, I will be mostly stock then, but I figure I will subscribe to the thread now, and see how it progresses. If enough people are showing up, I just might have to go out anyway.

Thats fine we can always tackle some easier trails at first or strap you along the way :D

A set of sliders is all you need to run the green trails without body damage (or very very little)

Is green the stock trails? Maybe i'll put my sliders on over winter. If i ever get the Lightning running again.

...well, this was way before you had designated areas to wheel...east peoria and pottstown by the stock car track, and any where else their were woods...;)

O Gotcha. Not a smart move.

yep, greens are for "stock" rigs. But i've seen stock rigs run pink too. all depends on how gung-ho you are :D

I would recommend sliders though, the break overs even on the green can tag rocker panels without much effort. Ask me how I know :p:

Not trying to scare, the greens are FUN!

Not trying to sound ****y but when i bought my 92 glfredick told me it would take almost anything i threw at it out from the midwest and the only time i had trouble at cliffs was when i hit some ruts that were too deep for my tires.

I might be interested .. only a 10 hr drive according to GoogleMaps.

Well, you will be awful busy campaigning by then, are you sure you could pull off a trip like that?:D

:D Exactly only 10, its like a third of going to truck haven.

Well, you will be awful busy campaigning by then, are you sure you could pull off a trip like that?:D
I think this run is a great opportunity to mingle with the good and honest people of Illinois -- you know get away from the campaign for a few days, get my feet back on real ground, and get them dirty.. alongside the true Americans.

Its funny because I bounced this idea of stopping by the Badlands to Senator Kennedy one day .. and I had completely forgotten that I mentioned it to him and two weeks later, he came to my office with some rather dirty shoes because of the construction in front of the Capitol. Anyways, I asked him what does he think he's doing walking into my office leaving dirt everywhere and his reply was "getting you ready for Badlands". Of course I had nothing else to say after his reply.

:p:

I think this run is a great opportunity to mingle with the good and honest people of Illinois -- you know get away from the campaign for a few days, get my feet back on real ground, and get them dirty.. alongside the true Americans.

Its funny because I bounced this idea of stopping by the Badlands to Senator Kennedy one day .. and I had completely forgotten that I mentioned it to him and two weeks later, he came to my office with some rather dirty shoes because of the construction in front of the Capitol. Anyways, I asked him what does he think he's doing walking into my office leaving dirt everywhere and his reply was "getting you ready for Badlands". Of course I had nothing else to say after his reply.

:p:

Bring him with as your co-pilot!:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back