Badlands, Attica Indiana June 11th | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands, Attica Indiana June 11th

dman726749

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
On the date has been set for a while. lets get a list from this site of who all is going. there will be camping at summers carrol campground a few miles outside the campground. there will be people from www.midwestoffroad.com there as well as maybe some people from www.zr2.com so there will be trucks of all shape and size to play with :D Hope to see lots of you there :D

1. Dman
2. Arnie897
3.Buckshot
4. Cp
6. Bronco638.....maybe
7.war1ock
8.1frot
9.nnorton44...maybe ride along

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Someone needs to harass EB a bit more so he gets motivated for this trip. :D

lol

Hopefully i can find a way to get my damn explorer up here! If I can't...then i'll be hitting one of yall up for a spot in your passenger seat. I can still camp and drink too much even if i don't get the expo up

cp

I would like to make this trip, too, provided my truck is ready. I still need to swap in some 4.10 axles with lockers. My parents live in Zionsville (just northwest of Indy) and I'd be staying with them. An XJ owner, local to my Dad, has offered to "show me around" although, I'm sure this group can do the same.

Hope to see you all there - Dave.

SplashMan said:
You can mark me as a maybe, but if I do come I'll be camping at the Attica Family Camp Grounds. Cheaper and WAY closer to Badlands, plus no waiting in line every day to get in the park. ;)

Yeah....we chose Summer's Campground because of the lack of restrictions on :chug:

CP I'm sure there will be open spots in someone's vehicle. We should have a fairly large group this time around.

And Bronco.....we can show you around with no problem. :D

Arnie897 said:
Yeah....we chose Summer's Campground because of the lack of restrictions on :chug:

CP I'm sure there will be open spots in someone's vehicle. We should have a fairly large group this time around.

And Bronco.....we can show you around with no problem. :D

I've stayed at the Badlands Campground 5 times and never had the :chug: rule enforced. The Rough Rangers get pretty rowdy after a few :chug:s too. Summers is just too restrictive. The old guy who runs it kept patroling on his little golf cart and would just walk up in camp and make sure we were "being civil". They wouldn't let us work on our rigs at night either which really sucked. :(

hmmmm it really dosent bother me where we camp, closer is awalys better. maybe switch it up?

Also who imed me lastnight asking about this run? i have your aim name but dont have your board name :D

With our group it always seems that someone is working on their truck at night! :confused:

Arnie897 said:
With our group it always seems that someone is working on their truck at night! :confused:

He He He, that is all part of the fun, right. I have seen whole drivetrains replaced on a trailer sitting in the middle of camp with Coleman lanterns for light. Camping is just as much fun as the wheeling most the time. :thumbsup:

I agree. So how much does this campgound you speak of cost?

http://www.atticacamping.com/rates.html

I'm not trying to make you guys switch sites, if you like the Summer's Campground than by all means stay there. I just like the Badlands one for its location and the people there are real nice.
I mean I don't even know if I can make this trip and I don't want to step on anyones toes.

I also have never stayed at either.

I will probably be there as well. most likely on sunday since I think there's a fathers day run that weekend with GLJT.

dman726749 said:
Also who imed me lastnight asking about this run? i have your aim name but dont have your board name :D

That was me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back