Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CodePoet said:
I won't be able to get my explorer up there but I may drive up and bum rides of yall :confused:

Just make sure you're around Satuday night for the raffle and pot luck ;) :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Latest list:

* = coming
- = maybe
/ = ride along

*1. Dustin Allison - Dman726749 1-2 - plaque
*2. Rick and Char - 4 - plaque
3. Roger Schlender - sandrunner - 4 -plaque
*4. Scott Berkel - Buckshot - 4 - plaque
*5. Mike Arnswald - Arnie897 - 1,2 - plaque
*6. Andre Hryn - dre - 2 - plaque
*7. Eric Chamberlain - mechanix - 4 - plaque
*8. Bill Kemp - 1 - Plaque - Sunday
9. cancelled
10. Ronnie Alesia - bluetandem77 - ? - plaque
*11. Peter Klockars - RFR2212 - plaque - 3
-12. Charles Sifers - chazzone - plaque - 3
/13 Jeff Glancy - Jefe - plaque - will be riding shotgun
*14. Guy Fredrick - glfredrick - plaque - 4
*15. Jonathan B. Burns - Burns - plaque - 3,4
16. Chris Maxson - white95explorer - plaque 2
17. Mike Nees IndyExplorer - plaque - 4
*18. Doug Napier - tsgolo - plaque - 3
*19. Jonathon Hill - hillz24 - plaque 2,3
20. James Morrison - hckyrugb - plaque - 2,3
*21. Mahdey Shaheen - '97 V8 - plaque - 3
-22. John Hutson - cableguy - plaque - 4
*23. Gerald Jarrett - gjarrett - plaque - 4

so whoes leading the trails rated at 3 and 4? I want to do those. My locker, tow hooks, skid plate in the front should be all on by then. Is a cb radio a must? I have one of those handheld motorola radios with a 5 mile range. It has the selectable channels too.

[QUOTE='97 V8] have one of those handheld motorola radios with a 5 mile range. It has the selectable channels too.[/QUOTE]

A CB would be nice since that's pretty much still the standard for trail communications, but the Motorola will be ok if that's all you have. I have a Motorola so I can relay info if needed.

Both Taxx and Cableguy are still maybes... so right now there is a possiblity of us picking our way through on our own unless there's someone else familiar with the big dawg trails. The park is "only" 700 acres. We shoudn't get too lost ;)

My pics were taken at Natural Bridge State Park in Slade, Kentucky. Another fine place to wheel... The boulders on the entrance we use are about the size of VW bugs... :thumbsup:

Maybe some of the attica regulars can confirm this, but i heard they remapped and marked trails and they are fairly well marked now, so it might not be as big of a problem as some think...

The director of finances in our household (which I always assumed was me) has informed me that I should be able to make it. I will probably come over friday and saturday, but not sunday (yet anyway) Probably won't camp, even though it would be cheaper (4-5 mpg in the tow rig).

As for the trails, they are marked a lot better than before. the pink is still a little bit iffy, but most of it is wrapped around the quarry, including purgatory. Green is marked very good and there are some newer parts to it that have been added in the last 6 months. From what I hear, the orange is marked very well and has a new rock garden at the end of it.

Rick said:
Both Taxx and Cableguy are still maybes... so right now there is a possiblity of us picking our way through on our own unless there's someone else familiar with the big dawg trails. The park is "only" 700 acres. We shoudn't get too lost ;)

Well its looking real good but I will know for sure in less than 24 hours and will let you knw.

Yeah Orange was marked well even last summer John. Not sure about the rock garden, we didn't make it that far without having to tow two rigs out of there.

I'm thinking if I can make it friday and its small for one group we could run the green/creek real quick to get everyone dirty (haven't had my junk out since the engine swap) then run the orange trail after lunch. Or whatever everyone is in the mood for. I am still fighting my tranny but SHOULD have it resolved tomorrow and then I have a week to finish working out the EFI bugs. But my 250 is down with a shot wheel bearing ($300+) so I will have to take it easy and go no harder than the orange at Attica so I can drive it home most likely.

Rick when are you and Char getting to the Badlands? Thurs night or Friday am?

glfredrick said:
My pics were taken at Natural Bridge State Park in Slade, Kentucky. Another fine place to wheel... The boulders on the entrance we use are about the size of VW bugs... :thumbsup:

I love Slade. Plan to come down there in August.

I'm not searching through 26 pages, but what was the link to the camping right outside of the badlands? And at that, i'm going to call for reservations tomorrow should someone provide me with a link. I then ask a favor, for the group to hold me a spot near the group to hold a truck and trailer, as i'm camping in the bed of the truck!

well, I've got the wheel bearings today... winch came in, exhaust is real easy... if I can get my hands on some MT's within the next few days my UnLimited will make it... Pedro... do you still have that spare rim ovet at your place?

I'll do everything possible to make it there in my UnLimited... just like 5 years ago
:D

I seriously doubt there will be any need for reservation. There is at least 100+ primative camping sites there. IF you want full hook up, you could call to reserve one of those.

Here's the link Pete campground

I didn't get any pm's if you were talking to me?

I'm probably staying at the Ramada as usuall... unless there's something cheapper in Danville... I'd love to camp but my son is not ready for that yet...:(

I can get you all the phone numbers you want from the local hotels if you want to call around. I personally wouldn't stay at the ramada.

anything in Danville?

Rick, put me back on the list - and add Ashli to it. We'll be coming, but I don't think we'll arrive until Saturday morning. There are still some things to work out, but we'll be there :bounce:

Donations will be glady accepted to help our cause ;)

Sounds great Gerald! :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GJarrett said:
Rick, put me back on the list - and add Ashli to it. We'll be coming, but I don't think we'll arrive until Saturday morning. There are still some things to work out, but we'll be there :bounce:

Donations will be glady accepted to help our cause ;)

yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back