Badlands In October

dman726749

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
okay guys, lets make this happen!! post up if you want to go and when is a good date for you.

Personally the weekend of october 2nd looks the best for me.

Lets Wheel!!!! :D :exporange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

October 2nd sounds good so far... let's see some hands.

I want to go out there really bad. I'll have to keep my calendar open if i can. I should be home from Iraq in a couple of weeks, but i don't know what all i'll be doing for work at that time. I'll keep an eye out on this though.

Where exactly is this, i need to look it up on the net so i'll know how long of a drive i have.

I'm pretty sure it's in Attica, IN.

it all depends on how far you are from Attica, IN... it's worth the trip though.

Me and my friend Jeff with his Toyota on 33's is interested....Oct 2nd for sure then?

Arnie897 said:
Me and my friend Jeff with his Toyota on 33's is interested....Oct 2nd for sure then?

sure oct 2nd it is..... also if you are comming from farther away there is camping outside of the park, and this could turn into a weekend run if enough people are interested. i prob would only be able to make it on the 2nd due to school and stuff like that.

that camp right outside of the park was a great idea... people don't have to drive far to motels anymore... new motel opened in town as well... but their prices are not one of the lowest.

anyway... oct 2nd sounds like a plan.

Well, I'll probably end up camping that friday and saturday night if all goes as planned. I was reading that some of those trails need lockers and a winch...is that going to be a problem for me or are there other things to do?

Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 54 minutes Total Est. Distance: 425.69 miles

That's not bad. Driven longer to wheel. At least now i'll have something to tow it with.

I'll have to talk to the old lady to see if she wants to come. She's not much on wheelin, but she can run the video camera.

Yeah....I'm working on my ol lady right now. Usually I'll drive my Jeep and she'll take the X out when we go out to the sand dunes. I told her this time we'd have to share the wheeling time :)

there is plenty to do at the Badlands besides the trails... old quarry for instance where you can do rock climbing, mud bogging, sand hills and all kind of stuff.

Sand dunes, mud pitts, creek...

don't worry... lately every time I go I don't even follow the trail. It's kind of hard to follow those trails anyway. Also... on all those trails you can go either way, you can get on, get off any time you want (as long as it's possible).

Well ****. Things looks bad right now. My inlaws have some stupid party planned for me on that weekend, nice that i know about so i don't make plans. Have to see if i can get out of it.

So are you guys camping or are you close enough that you're just going for the day? THere's also a group of guys from a ZR2 website that I know of going. I don't know where they are staying yet either. From what their list says it looks like a group of about 15 different trucks.

i am close enough taht i am going just for the day, either way it sounds like its going to be a great trip, still plenty of time for others to fit this in their schedule

Arnie897 said:
So are you guys camping or are you close enough that you're just going for the day? THere's also a group of guys from a ZR2 website that I know of going. I don't know where they are staying yet either. From what their list says it looks like a group of about 15 different trucks.

yes we are :D

my junk should be together and dialed in for that trip. hopefully it won't be the virgin run, but ya just never know.

if you guys are out there and you see a SAS'd ZR2 on 37s, give me a holler :cool:

if you end up having a smaller group, you're more than welcome to wheel with us. we'll have atleast 3 different groups based on what people want to do and what they/their rigs are capable of.

Guys!

I would love to make this, but I am not back from Vacation in NC until the 5th... @ weeks of rest on the beach, I can't wait! Anyway have a great time, and I will catch yaon the next trip.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dman726749 said:
woohoo so far i am the littlest truck, hopefully cp will get a job and then he can come up so i wont be the smallest out there :D

Hasn't anyone told you size doesn't matter :D

Back