Badlands Run!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Badlands Run!!

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
I'll let you know :). I think the trs "round up" is gonna be in august, but I don't have an exact date right now.

Later
CP :D

2001ExpSport

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
this is nothing new...when we used to make plans to goto badlands we'd have about 10-15 ppl and then by the time the date came it would be down to 6 and 4 of those 6 would actually show.

taxx

Make em say Ugh
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
73 EB
dman726749 said:
let me know about that trs run cp, maybe an august, september run would be good?

RRORC has "Chubfest" there July 15th - July 18th. Any and all are welcome to attend. There will be people taking any kind of trail you are intested in so there is always a group to follow.

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Sounds like fun :). Taxxman, where is Paragon? I'm just curious...i passed through a town called Paragon last week on the way to Bradford woods and it made me think about that.

Later!
CP :D

taxx

Make em say Ugh
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
73 EB
Its not that paragon :D I know what sign you are talking about. Paragon (the park) is in Pennsylvania. Chubfest will be at Attica.

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
lol I knew it was too good to be true :).

cp :D

taxx

Make em say Ugh
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
73 EB
Yup there is nothing really exciting down around there. You have the three major ones in Indiana: Badlands, Haspin Acres, and Redbird. Haspin and Redbird have about 3 rocks beteen the two of them. Then you have Combs Rd. down around that area that is just an old road that looks somewhat fun, and some other not so public stuff in southern.

2001ExpSport

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Honestly, Badlands is better than Paragon as far as variety goes. Paragaon is limited unlike Badlands where as stock trucks have a harder time at Paragon than at Badlands.

If you ever get a chance though, you should try Paragon at least once. It's huge compared to Badlands and it's in the mountains. :smoke:

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Once the explorer gets an sas and 35"s it would be awsome if I could take one big wheeling trip a year haha. I'm really looking forward to going to badlands...very well aquanted with they "not so public areas" sounthern indiana...sucks trying to find a place, found old coal mines (before someone has taken a track hoe to the trail heads) are about the best place, utility access roads can get kinda fun too. If possible i'd like to get to chubfest...we'll see, if it's at all possible i'll come.

Later
cp :D

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Interceptor
going to the Badlands tomorrow... the 21st of August... anyone cares to join?

call 847-530-0575

number available only til Sunday though...
:)

Buckshot

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Resurecting this thread for a Badlands trip in Dec

Anyone interested? Badlands maybe Dec 11th?

Bronco638

Nobody Home
Reaction score
City, State
Itasca IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT 4.0L OHV
Me too, truck's not ready. See you in the Spring.

Arnie897

y=mx+b
Reaction score
City, State
Battle Creek, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Dodge Powerwagon
Not this time around. Perhaps the spring.