Badlands Run!!

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Hey all i've been reading about all the runs out west and on the eastern half...but very few for us poor indiana boys :D. I propose a run, possibly next month at one of the following places, I'll be giving redbird a visit in the next couple of weeks so i'll let you know what I think, from what i've heard though it's great, with trails for the big boys all the way to stock trucks! Anyway here's the possiblities so far:

RedBird
Badlands
Haspin Acres
Rockport Offroad Park

I'm just trying to get the planning stage off the ground and check intrest in such a day. Redbird doesn't have camping but I know Haspin Acres does so if we wanted to make it a offroad/camping thing I would be all for it. As far as dates go i'm thinking sometime mid may/early june? But for now lets just see if anyone wants to go! :)

Lets get the ball rollin
CP :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool. Like I said from what i've heard redbird has trails for pretty much any truck, my brother and I are going to go and if his truck can make it down some trails (chevy full size stock) your explorer shouldn't have a problem :)

Later

You know I was thinking that rockport might not be the best place for a run. The only reason I was thinking about it is it's location...i've been to rockport, and it's really not a very central location. Since the goal is to get a good number of people to go, I think deciding on a park more in central indiana would be best so no one would have to travel all from one end of the state to the other. Just a thought.

later

BTW, anyone who wants to come can...not just an indiana thing ;)

Later

I've been to the Badlands many times and it is by far the best park in Indiana for groups with different level trucks. It has great trails for stock to big dawg.

I highly recommend it and for the price you can't beat it anywhere.

Matt

Badlands might be where we end up. I was just opening it up to a few different parks since i haven't been to any of them :rolleyes:. I think badlands would be great, especially since people from indiana, michigan..your from ct and have been there...the more people the better! :)

Thanks for posting a link dman!

later

Interested.

Ok boys, if this is going to happen we need to figure out when is the best time for each person. i know i am out for atleast then next three weeks with school and finals and what not. after that i need to find a job, so i will not be 100% on what day i can go for a bit.

then we need to figure out where we want to go, my vote is for badlands, as it is more central, and offers a wide variety of trails and areas for people of diffrent levels to play.

most likely i will still be a stocker by time this run occurs but that wont stop me from playing in the quary and possibly an easy trail. at best i may be up in shackles and tt but i doubt i will have my 31's yet. i do know before the run i need to bolt up some front tow hooks, but i can do that right after school gets out.

my vote on a date is late may, early June on a sat or sunday. i MAY be up for campinf, just depends on the money situation as i have alot planned this summer and not so much money.

Lets get this figured out and show people that not all midwest runs fall through :D

I'm in the same boat as dman, i have school and (more specifically) finals. That's why i'm kinda thinking mid may or early june. Yeah I have summer school but a weekend won't be a problem I don't think. I don't know if we should start throwing out dates yet or not, I hope we can work around everyones scedual. How does mid may (say the 22nd or 29th) or early june (5th or 12th) sound to everyone?

As far as the location i'm changing the thread name to Badlands run. I just wanted to throw a number of places out there, but it seems that badlands is pretty well liked as it has something for everyone. Now if people have a real problem with that we can talk about it but I think I was too general when starting this idea.

Hows that sound?

how much is it to get in and who is all stock and when i would love to go

sajnaj said:
how much is it to get in and who is all stock and when i would love to go
i think its 15bucks to get in adn i am all stock, i MAY have 2" of lift by then, but i doubt it.

lets get some votes for dates guys,
may 29 or 30
june 5 or 6 or any weekend around that time lets acually make this happen so we can show thes east, west and texas crews that the midwest can wheel too ;)

here is the badlands website, check it out for more info and pics :D
http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

by june im out of school so that would be fine it would be ok if i brought some of my freinds and there rides

ok my freind has a old chevy with about 12 inches lift and 31 or 37 and bunch of other stuff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be interested if we can do it the first weekend of June.

Back