Badlands Run!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Run!!

yea i will c how many peoepl i can bring

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Because it's a distance for me I would be camping. Anyone else? Anyone know of campground around there?

around where i live about 20 mins from a state park and they have a camp ground it is about maybee a hour at the max from atica and the park is real nice

Wow, i'm happy the thread finally came to life haha! I don't know about dman but i'll (me and my fiance) probably be camping. Hopefully a number of people will. I thought dman told me that there was a camp ground by badlands. I'll try to get my brother to come also (he has a stock cheby 1/2 ton). It seems like early june (5th is my choice) is pretty popular. And yeah the more the merrier!

I'm tired now
CP :confused:

there is a campground right infront of the park as well as a couple others right around that area...info right off the badlands website...
The New Attica Campground
Located at the entrance of the Badlands www.atticacamping.com
765-363-0821

Camping (8 miles north of Attica on SR 55)
Summers Carroll Campground
(765) - 762-2832

In Attica
Apple Inn Bed and Breakfast (765) - 762-6574
In Boswell
Boswell Motel (765) - 869-5060
In Lafayette, In. (approximately 35 miles)
Ramada Inn
Red Roof Inn
Signature Inn
Wolfe's Leisure Time Campground (765)- 447-9460
(765)- 448-4671
(765)- 447-4142
(765)- 589-8089
In Crawfordsville, In. (approximately 35 miles)
Holiday Inn
Days Inn
Dollar Inn (800)-465-4329
(765)-362-0300
(765)-362-3466
In Danville, Ill. (approximately 35 miles)
Super 8 Motel
Ramada Inn
Redwood Inn (217)-443-4499
(217)-443-2400
(217)-446-3690

Other Amenities:

Gasoline and Service Stations
Garrell Shell Station
Super Test Gas Station
Rambler Plaza Phillips 66 US 41 South
US41, SR 55, SR28
US41, SR 55, SR28
Food @ Badlands
The Pit Stop Sandwiches, drinks, and side dishes
Food in Attica and surrounding areas
McDonald's, Short Stop, Subway, Noble Roman's, Pizza Hut, Pizza King, Homestretch Pizza, Whealer's Family Dining, Arnie's Pizza, Chabela's Mexican, Chen Garden Chinese Restaurant, Robie's Family Dining, Harrison Hills Country Club, Hoosier Restaurant, Larson's Red Barn, IGA Grocery & Deli

www.badlandsoffroad.com

I just found this thread, and it sounds like a great idea, If I don;t have to work you can count me and a buddy to bring to x's

Great info dman Thanks!

I'll be camping deffinitly.

Later
CP

ok people....we need to hear from you if you plan on going and what day and time you are going.....so far it looks like june 5th for wheeling, thats what the few people have said....we need to get a list of who plans on going....post up with your plans :D

well i wnat to go but i will have to double check my calnder before we set any thing in stone

How far south in Indiana is that? The border is a good couple hour drive for me, but I would like to make it out to a run sometime. I'd have to get some shackles and TT before I go. I am interested though.

its just south of Lafayette.....roughely an hour and a half from michighan i belive you can get dirrections from the website... www.badlandsoffroad.com also you dont nessicarrly need the tt and shackles... i will most likely be stock stilll... just make sure you have some tow points. :D hope ta see ya there

soo people....how bout the 12th for wheelin then?

That's not too bad. Maybe like a 4 hour drive or something I'm guessing. I looked up the directions before I posted but they didn't mention anything about directions from Michigan and I don't have an atlas near by to figure it out :rolleyes: The 12th is my brothers birthday, so I'll have to check what's going on with that. Otherwise I'll try to take that weekend off from work or whenever else it is.

I've got tow hooks, just need to finish the drilling.

Edit: The shackles and TT I've been planning on getting, but what better time to try them out.

sounds good to me. Sorry about that everyone, dman just told me about it in the chat so I had no idea when I suggested the 5th. Thanks dman!

Later
cp :)

I looks to be about 5 and a half hours for me. The weekend 11-13 looks good. I think the last weekend of May is Memorial Day. I would be comming up most likely Friday and camping 'til Sunday or Monday.

ok so we are planning on the 11-13to go wheeling at the badlands....
we need a running list of WHO is DEFINETLY GOING TO BE THERE SO SPEAK UP!!!!

camping is available as some people have stated that they will be camping, personally i will not be camping and just comming up on sat to wheel.

Lets Make this happen People :D

this month and if so what time and what day does that fall on monday or what

im in i will be out of scholl so i can go

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Info for you guys:
Day pass = $15
Weekend = $20

Camping is $7 per night and they have showers. Pretty decent facilities.

I'll keep an eye on this if I can, but it is only two weeks after I get back from Tenn and it is right by my anneversary so I dunno depends on what breaks in Tenn.

Back