Badlands Run!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Run!!

dman726749 said:
June 12 sat would be the wheeling day, prob get there around 9-10 to get a full day of wheeling in.

I would get there around 8am unless you want to wait in line. Camping is the best, they let you in first.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm trying to get details worked out for me to come down. Don't really feel like driving down at 4 am so will have to get some time off from work to camp. Also I am trying to find a buddy to go down with me too. So far though I'm planning on making it down. Already told the brother that I won't be celebrating his birthday on the 12th.

Edit: I was nice enough to invite him down too, so he may come along for the ride. Would like to get some other vehicles to drive down too, so I'll have to do some recruiting.

What's the best campground too? I checked out one of the sites, and it was a family site which sounded like they had a lot of restrictive rules on fun. Or do the Badlands have their own personal campground.

The one at the Badlands is called Attca Family Campground. They are extremely easy to get along with, just dn't act like a fool. They do have a no alcohol rule, but they don't check coolers and we always have beer there, they don't mind too much, the rule is more to keep people from going in there and drinking at lunch and then going back into the badlands. They do check coolers going into the park. But the guys that run both places are great people and easy to get a long with as long as you stay on their good side.

Just a side note, durring the day thy will let others wheling with you come into the campground for lunch and such, just be sure everyone signs in or the old man on his tractor will come and get you! :p

Yeah, the Attica was the one that I was looking at. I don't want to get the boot from the campground so I'll be sure to be on my best behavior. I'm probably going to drive down sometime Friday I think, camp, then go out next day and leave that evening. I believe I have one other vehicle coming too. More if I can.

its a nice campground

I'm in. I will be coming with either my girlfriend or my wheeling buddy and might be towing my buddies wheel'n vehicle. (J**P)

It's cool. I think my brother and a buddy of his (with a stock 04 j**p)...went wheeling with them yesterday, gave him alot of crap but he's a good sport lol, anyway i think they might come. I'll probably end up camping...might. Anyway i was also thinking that if anyone was planning on comming through bloomington we could meet at wal-mart and go up as a group, gather up the indy people and continue...dont' know if anyone wants to but if they do i'll be up for it :).

Talk to you all later
CP :D

I am not in. Have to go out of town that weekend and I am going to tellico right before that so can't do two in a row. I will be at the badlands around that time in July though.

well folks, i cannont say if i will be there or not yet as i have not found a summer job yet, so if i get a job between now and then i will definetly be there, dont count me out yet. i really hope i can get there cause it sounds like its going to be a great run.

Unfortuneatly I have to bow out. It's coming way too soon and I would rather save the money and get the rims/shocks/gears/lockers I need to really wheel.

I have not having lockers! :(

If all goes well maybe this fall.

ok so its getting close, who all still plans on being there?????? i am not definate yet, but should be getin my tow hooks in today or tomorrow and if i can get a job between now and then i will be there. cp? EBinterceptor? sajnaj? speak up :D

well my truck is kind of out of comision right know so i dont know if im still in

I was hoping to still go, doesn't look like there is much of a group anymore...people are dropping like flies. I'd like to go still, but these gas prices are making me re-think things

I'm still up for it...it's on the 12th right lol...the guy who starts the thread :rolleyes:. I havent' talk to dman for awhile (he's been a bum and is never in chat any more lol ;) ). I was wondering if we were still going to do it. I was going to propose that if anyone was comming through bloomington we could meet at wally world and go up as a group, meet dman and the indy contingent (if they wanted) and continue on up...dont' care either way just thought it would be cool. I'm ready, just put in new u-joints woohoo :D

Later
CP :)

ps
dman....i'm in the chat all the time if you need help or want to discuss plans :)

i am at home and not school anymore so i no longer have the hisgspeed internet, i be on sweet dial up now, so thats why i am not online nearley as much, or in the chat...i read on the badlands site that you need ATLEAST three trucks in a group, so if its just me and you cp, then it looks like a no go...

Don't count me out completely yet, requested the 12th off of work, and I'd most likely come down the evening of 11th and camp then head out in the morning to go out on the trails.

Ok, I'm out of the game. Apparently people requested the day off also after I did, and they are apparently more important than me since the boss plays favorites so I get screwed and have to stay home and work. Sorry things couldn't work out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow man that sucks. It's ok though...seems like everyone has dropped like flies :(. There's gonna be a trs meet up there sometime though so when that happens i'll let everyone one know just in case you all still want to go.

Sorry guys, guess it wasn't in the cards this time
CP :(

Back