• Register Today It's free!

Badlands this weekend?

Buckshot

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Lat minute notice...RRORC fallout tomorrow at Badlands....9am at the gate....c u there :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pics are on the RRORC site: http://www.rrorc.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=554

But here are some teasers:

2936Buckshot_at_badlands-med.jpg

2936pics_11-13-2005_001-med.jpg

2936pics_11-13-2005_010-med.jpg

2936pics_11-13-2005_018-med.jpg

2936pics_11-13-2005_024-med.jpg

2936pics_11-13-2005_028-med.jpg

I thought about those noises a little more. Mine made many too. What I would do if I was you, now that it has a few runs on it. Get under there and retorque EVERYTHING. No offense, but depending on which shop guy did the work, I don't trust the 4wp here for shop work. There is atleast one guy that does it right and I haven't been in there in a while to see who is working now, but I was never even satisfied with tire balances there depending on who did it.

Other thing is with the sway bar on that POS superlift sway bar attachements will rattle (I used some from a chevy trailmaster kit). You can probably measure and find something that will work. I think the chevy ones where about 2 - 3 inches shorter but worked great. PM lifted95x if you want pics or measurements of those.

The other thing is looking at the hill climbs you could have your CVs poping, mine used to all the time with that kit and they never did it before. As the weight shifts and the front lifts up the angle increases. I honestly wouldn't worry about it much, not really anything you can do about it and you can still get home with a broken CV.

And take off those nerf bars ;)

Will do on the retorquing...

I've got a fix for the shifters...looks like its just normal cable flex since it isn't hard mounted yet. Trading a friend for the hard mount shifters - he needs the cables more than me - and I'll delete the whole center console to make room. I have to replace the driver's seat anyway, so I may go with some mastercraft suspensions and it doesn't look like they will work with the console.

I'm looking for poly bushings to use on the swaybar up front for now and need to lower the torsion bars a little to get back to normal...I've got a reverse rake right now.

And the nerf bars are staying until the trail rips them off so I can justify real sliders! :p

Buckshot said:
Will do on the retorquing...

I've got a fix for the shifters...looks like its just normal cable flex since it isn't hard mounted yet. Trading a friend for the hard mount shifters - he needs the cables more than me - and I'll delete the whole center console to make room. I have to replace the driver's seat anyway, so I may go with some mastercraft suspensions and it doesn't look like they will work with the console.

I'm looking for poly bushings to use on the swaybar up front for now and need to lower the torsion bars a little to get back to normal...I've got a reverse rake right now.

And the nerf bars are staying until the trail rips them off so I can justify real sliders! :p

I probably have some poly bushings you can have that will work. Just need to bring one of the sway bar links by and try them.

Back