Baer Brakes.

DocVijay

Meow
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport 2WD
OK, Baer Racing has a set kick-ass brake setup for the 4x4 Exlporer. Problem is I have a 2WD. What is the difference between the front spindles of the 2x and the 4x. How much work would it take to fit the 4x brakes on my truck. I'm assuming that the rear would be nearly identical. Please let me know if they're not. Baer couldn't help me, since they didn't know. Maybe one of you out there will. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dunno if they would fit but they sure are EXPENSIVE!

"pro and a pro+ system for the 4wd explorer. The systems start at $2495.00 and you will need to run a 17" or larger set of aftermarket wheels. If you have any other questions or would like a catalog and price guide call or e-mail back with your complete mailing address. "

I contacted them regarding rotors... All they had was a complete system. I think you should maybe look into the ART rotors unless you have like $2600 for a whole new brake system upgrade. Check out the group buy section.

Are you talking about the 4 piston calipers for the front and the 2 piston calipers for the back? As far as I know the spindles are the same. As for the rear, that should definitely be the same. I actually looked at buying that kit, until I found out the price... :( You do know you will have to get aftermarket 16" rims, right? Otherwise the rotors and calipers won't fit. I was going to get their kit, until I found out Willwood (Dead Link Removed) offers generic 4 piston calipers for $150 a piece! :) I already found a machine shop that will make the custom mounting brackets for me. If there is some interest in this setup, I might be able to get them to make several sets...

Will Baer Brakes fit?

Yeah, I was looking at the GTP+ set up. They are expensive, but worth it. I'm just wondering how different the 2wd and 4wd spindles are. I guess I'll go ask the guys over at my Ford dealrship. They should know. Don't know if they'll condone it, but they should know. If it's not too much work, I'm definitely looking to get them soon.

Bear Brakes or Wilwood.

Haven't seen the Wilwood brakes yet. I've heard of them, they make great stuff. What size rotors do they offer with the calipers. I'd like to get them as large as possible. I've got 17" wheels, so I think I'd be able to fit 13.5" to 14" rotors. I'll look into the Wilwoods though. Thanks for the link.

I contacted bear three years ago to make brakes for the Troll. I had to send then a from hat and they made experimental totally custom setup it was 4500 dollar for the front this was for a two wheel drive explorer they sent me the schematics for them but I lost them buy the time troll was ready to buy them the said they would not make them with out them because it had been so long we where the first company that asked them to make the brakes. after us steeda, saleen and some other guys ask for 4wd because for a year or two ford only had the V8 that way and this is what the companies sold a lot of. oh well life goes on.

Back