baexploder's lifted explorer.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

baexploder's lifted explorer..

I think it's a 92, but I'm not sure.

Here's one of the after pics (sorry, no befores!); see some more pics at http://dweeb.lbl.gov/~tdavis/pics/ba

picture-005-half.jpg

It's a combination of the James Duff 2.5" lift, with an additional 1" coil spacer in the front, Warrior shackles in the back, and a 2" PA body lift.

Tires are 33x12.50 BFG AT/ko's.

It took us about 6 hours to install the body lift, and about 15 hours for the duff kit.

You can see one of the oops in the picture (it's easy to correct!).

Our best one - the rear springs came flying off (hey, I was in an hurry..) and we didn't mark which end was front, and which was rear. We took them off, put them on. Took them off, put them on... and said eh, did we get that right? So, out came the books - two books said the clamps was the front. Yea. Right. So I looked at my navajo - they are on the rear! Looking at a Ranger parked next to the navajo showed they was on the front. So we walked down the hill to a local shopping center, and scoped out a bone stock 4dr Explorer.

Yup, the springs had the clamp on the front. So that's the way we put them on, and said good enough!

So we got it done, and it looks really good!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. Is that an explorer in front of it? Whats the info on it?

heh, coulda just asked on here, someone woulda ran out and checked for ya :)

nice explorer, i'm jealous ;(

looks like a navajo to me. correct me if im wrong.

it's my navajo, and you can see information on it in the link in my signature.

*shrug* nice navajo then :)

Thomas, I did notice that there aren't any dents in the gas cap cover......yet! LOL

Back