• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

ball broke on liftgate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

N2FORD

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Kingston,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4wd
I hit my head on my lift gate all the time. Might want to post in the 95-01 Explorer section. We do tailgates in this section.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Someone bumped my wife's new car with a shopping cart yesterday. I was a little annoyed but glad I had this thread to share it with everyone.

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
liftgate ball broken

Are you talking about one of these things for the support struts?
1602708637483.png

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
Its hard to tell when someone posts a three letter thread and then never elaborates, but I think that is what he is looking for.

Yeah, you can get universal replacement strut mount balls on eBay (and at most auto parts stores) for around $15 for two, but who knows what the PO is actually talking about. A man (or woman) of few words.

410Fortune

River Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
RIVETS

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
He probably got his Facebook account mixed up with the forum he joined but never posted in before. I think he should be censored, he talks too much.