• Register Today It's free!

Base Model Black Door Handle Swap

traveler100

Reaction score
City, State
Bradenton, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Anyone interested in Swapping Black Base model door handles for Chrome? I've read some users are looking for the black sport look, and I'm interested in the Chrome look. I'm in Ohio and willing to ship all handles at once for convenience sake.

I'm new to forum and hope this is appropriate area to post.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone interested in Swapping Black Base model door handles for Chrome? I've read some users are looking for the black sport look, and I'm interested in the Chrome look. I'm in Ohio and willing to ship all handles at once for convenience sake.

The problem is the base black handles are plastic, not body colour painted.

Secondly most Sport models (if not all) have PEPS sensors on the front door handles that your base ones don't have.

PEPS = Passive Entry Passive Start

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

I have a 2014 BLK Sport with no PEPS and would love to exchange with you but I have already wrapped mine in black. But I would be willing to exchange with you for the simple fact I know the wrap will not last forever. Please MSG me. TY

Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
For now, there is nothing governing the 'swapping' of items on the Forum. In order to 'sell' items, you must have an Elite membership ($20).

Peter

Swap. S sell

Thanks Peter for the info, I'm new to the Forum and wasn't aware of it's policies. This Forum is a wealth of information and the classic win win of social media, Consumers helping Consumers. It impowers people.
Thanks again
Dale

Just "swap" him cash for the handles :)

I see some sports with body matched handles and some with chrome. What gives?! Not a fan of chrome on tne sport, I thought they were going for the black look??? Lol

Back