Bass sensor type switch? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bass sensor type switch?

I just ordered my LEDs to start on my interior lighting project, and I was thinking about setting up the cargo area with some lEDs that turn off and on with the beat of my subwoofers. Does anyone know of a switch that will do this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the easy way to do it is to just hook it up normally but get the power from the subwoofer amplifier. cause with more or less bass in a song it sends a stronger or weaker signal so the light will fade to the subwoofer rather than blink. If you want them to turn on or off the only way i know how is to get a music interface like the one StreetGlow has.

You know what, fading lights actually sound a lot better than blinking ones, thanks.
I'll look into it.

I am planning on using a double switch on mine to where I can cut them on and off freely and switch it the other way to go with the bass (it being plugged into the subwoofer). That way if I don't want the lights on, I can just switch them off so I don't have them constantly flashing.

You must either be using an alternate power source or just putting alot of power into your subs, because my 12's dim all of my interior lights quite noticeably.

i just recently installed a StreetGlow music interface and it works great. you can adjust the sensitivity to go on with the bass or with the rest of the song. They fade but also turn on and off with the song. the sensitivity adjustment is great. Cause some songs with less bass you can adjust it so the lights still go with the music. I also put my interface in the center console with a switch outside of it so i can turn it on and off from outside but not have to mount the interface in an awkward spot

You must either be using an alternate power source or just putting alot of power into your subs, because my 12's dim all of my interior lights quite noticeably.

There is something that you can actually buy to prevent that, but I can not think of the name of the item at the moment. :\

There is something that you can actually buy to prevent that, but I can not think of the name of the item at the moment. :\

It's called a capacitor, you only need them when your system starts drawing lots of power, like, over 2000 watts.

so pretty much, if you have more than four sub woofers, its gonna be a good idea to get a capacitor.

It's called a capacitor, you only need them when your system starts drawing lots of power, like, over 2000 watts.

so pretty much, if you have more than four sub woofers, its gonna be a good idea to get a capacitor.

Capacitor! That's right! LOL! My bad. I knew that it either started with either a C or a D. Thank you.

The way that I will have the switches though, if it doesn't backfire, will hopefully be a success.

Capacitor! That's right! LOL! My bad. I knew that it either started with either a C or a D. Thank you.

The way that I will have the switches though, if it doesn't backfire, will hopefully be a success.

That sounds like it's gonna be cool, do you have stock dome lights, or have you put LEDs in yet?

2000w is alot to say when you need a cap. I would say anything over 1000 really. I have 2 subs, but even when I only had 1 in there I was drawing a ton of power.

I was running 1 L7 15" with a Hifonics BXi1606D and could drop it from 14v to 12 like nothing.

Now I have 2 L7's and a BXi2606D and im ready for some serious electrical upgrades.

That sounds like it's gonna be cool, do you have stock dome lights, or have you put LEDs in yet?

I'm ordering LED lights and I'll install them once I get them in. I just bought my system yesterday and I am so EAGER to get it installed. I'm waiting til Sunday afternoon though.

Stock Dome Lights??

Back