yeah!!!!!!!!!!! ef crew >bronc crew jmo, may be biased!!! git er done!The little ******* is still kicking! Towed its rusty ass to Carlisle All Ford Nationals last year. Drove to the show field and sat in traffic with no issues. In retrospect it might have won something if I parked with the other Broncos and not with the EF crew. I'm over AFN.
In the past year it's really only been used for a weekend grocery getter. Haven't been offroading in some time and got sucked into other hobbies that demand my time and sanity.
We had a pretty wicked snowstorm here in the northeast. Battery doesn't like cold weather but once I jumped it the truck crawled it's way out of the snow bank like it was nothing. Had some fun romping it around the property and doing donuts. Goddang does that it still make me grin!
On to the not so happiness. It's been on my ToDo list to really go through the front hub conversion that I did. Sometime ago I swapped D44 spindles, hubs and fullsize brakes onto a D35 knuckle. Used D35 knuckle/balljoints/inner axle shaft. Used outter shafts from a Chevy or something to compensate for the length. MappyJack's thread has the details somewhere.
Pulled it apart and it was a sloppy mess inside....just like the last time. I can't seem to get the assembly to seal nicely. The passenger side still had water in the hub. The seal on the back of the spindle looks okay and I drill and tapped the ends of the axle shafts for bolts to pull it against the spindle. Those were still greased. Looks like the hubs are the point of failure. It's a PITA removing the D44 hubs.
I cleaned up, had a beer or three and decided to scrap it all and go back to the stock D35 hubs. It was a fun project making it work but I don't have the time to fine tune it.