• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

battle robots

Raceit

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Explorer 2DR 4WD XL
Ok, I gotta vent a little about this.
Even with the new debut of the show Robotica on TLC, there still seems to be something missing from this whole concept. I’m talking about people. I don’t think any battle robot show will be cool until there are people inside these robots. I wanna see machines like Sigourney Weaver controlled in that Alien movie. Some of you may have seen a ‘B’ rated movie called Robot Wars or something like that. Where these people sat inside huge (like 2 or 3 story tall) size robots until one was unable to function. They had claws and giant saw blades and stuff like that. Hydraulics, large-scale motors and engines, and things you should probably have a license to operate.
I’m not saying I wanna see people get crushed from a 10 ton falling robot, but these current robot battle shows seem pretty lame in my opinion. Because I find myself loosing interest in watching a robot high-center itself on a block on wood.
And to pick on the new Robotica show some….I thought this show would be a little better then the Battlebots show (which I’ve already lost interest in), but I get this Nickelodeon vibe watching it. I can’t quite place it.
Now as a disclaimer here to myself, I am not ripping on the guys that make these bots. It would take lots of money and lots of effort to make one. If I had tons-o-money I’m sure I would love to compete in one of the shows. I know it’s fun for the drivers. But watching this on TV leaves lots to be desired.
I know what I’m asking for is unrealistic with the ‘PC’ environment that exists in our culture. But I would feel confident that some real ‘robot battle’ would get some really sweet ratings. And that’s what this is all about right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

riffman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
ACILIEEEEEES!!! haha...oh yeah man....robot jox!! great movie!!! that would be pretty sweet to see 2 people duke it out in there!! i say we write the producers and tell em whats up!!

IgotTwo

Reaction score
City, State
Branchburg, N.J.
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT - 97 XLT SOHC
Why not give the losers the salt water and 12volt battery treatment like in Lethal Weapon.
Make it 2 volts and have actors scream in the background, who would ever know? but what ratings!
It would be a new low in TV viewing.... right below wrestlemania.

RFR2212

Typing Police
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
In the mug by Chitown
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 JEEP Wrangler
Whoa buddy...watch it with Wrestlemania! That so rules!
Pete

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
You can always watch Power Rangers. J/K. What we really need is some real life transformers, that would be cool.

riffman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
DUDE! Battle Explorers!! haha....

Raceit

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Explorer 2DR 4WD XL
Awwwh man! The wheels are turning!

I think I'm gonna have to roll mine on purpose now. Just to have an excuse.

That would be sweet, then we can take out all our aggressions on these little 'cute-utes', like the Geo tracker and more-or-less girl cars.