• Register Today It's free!

BBK 66mm TB?

ScottG

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91/98 Navajo LX
I thinking of installing a BBK 66 mm TB, and I was wondering if I would be wasting my time. I have some mods already installed (superchip, flowmaster 40,K&N drop-in w/mod air box and +4 plugs and new wires) I plan to install headers when I swap engines(just a new OHV 4.0). Has anyone had problems with detonation or anything with the additional air intake? Is there a need to change chip programs or even add larger injectors. Thanks for any help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You shouldn't have any problems. Just pop it in! With the mods you have, you should gain 3-5 hp and throttle response. The BBK kit comes with everything you need, and it should take you 1-2 hours.

Thanks, I was already wanting to buy it, I just didn't want to have to spend a lot more to get it right. Would you recommend the 66 or 63? (This may be a dumb question, I know bigger may be better or is it?)Thanx again.

Which one?

What would be a better mod after the FIPK, Cat-back and Superchip - Headers, MAF or TB? I'm hoping of course for more HP gain/money spent.

Scott:
I would open up your airbox a little more. Since you have the drop in, perform the "swiss cheese" mod to the airbox or remove the bottom half of it to let in more air. Then I would get the BBK 66mm TB. There are some instances where a smaller TB is better for quicker throttle response, but you have enough airflow in and out to get the 66.

Config:
Get the TB now. From what I've heard, the MAS won't help you much. And headers are expensive and don't give as much boost for the buck. If you're ever planning on getting the blower though, get headers. Don't get me wrong, they do help, but not as much as you'd think.

Originally posted by Alec

Config:
Get the TB now. From what I've heard, the MAS won't help you much. And headers are expensive and don't give as much boost for the buck. If you're ever planning on getting the blower though, get headers. Don't get me wrong, they do help, but not as much as you'd think. [/B]

Alec,
You're making everyone jealous, including me with your 'Supercharged' Splat. I thought about it for a sec. but I realized there was no way I could explain that mod to my wife. For now, I'll have to dream on...
I guess I will go for the BBK 66mm TB for now. Thanks!

Thanks Alec,
I've already "swiss cheesed " my air box. Glad to here The TB is a good power gain for the buck. I must say I'm real jealous of the splat as well, maybe I'll go supercharger when I replace the engine.

Back