BBK SC QUESTION | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BBK SC QUESTION

hey i was reading your supercharger install and was wondering if some how i could buy the timing retard and the fuel regulator from bbk I saw that the kit is 3500 and that there is a 299.00 additional package that you need for the computer, it it possible you think for me to just buy that 299 kit and beable to adjust my timing and fuel from insid elike you, what do you think,?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dunno where you got that info from. The kit is $2400 + $400 for the installation kit. I haven't heard of the computer being sold separately.

If you just wanted the computer with the timing controller, it would probably need to be a custom thing. The computer is supposedly custom programmed for each application, and as far as I know has never been used without the supercharger. The computer install was actually one of the hardest parts of the supercharger install, as it involves tapping into about 25 circuits in the X's computer and electrical systems.

As for the fuel, it would be easy to add a secondary FMU like I have. It is connected via a vaccuum line to the new computer, but I don't know if that's necessary. The FMU is made by another company, forgot who, for BBK. You could probably find out who and buy directly from them, or from Jegs or Summit or something.

Good luck!

ok, but heres another question, i heard that the xplorer computer can adjust the timing by +/- 2 degrees. It does this by using the knowck sensor. I just read that for every 50 hp shot of nos you should retard timing 1/2 degree, so technically i wouldnt have to get a chip made because in theory the computer can retard the timing up to about 200 hp. not that it can take it

you're correct, I just dunno if the stock computer can react fast enough so you don't fry a cylinder. Just so you know, when I first installed my ZEX kit, one of the nozzles was mis-cast. I ended up having a 200 shot nozzle in there and ran it. Nothing happened besides me frying my #2 sparkplug, the nitrous just went out the exhaust. I'm glad nothing worse happened, but the computer did not adjust in time :eek:

did you feel a huge hp increase with the 200,

none, like I said, everything f***ed up and the nitrous just went out the exhaust. Glad I didn't have any engine damage besides the plugs.

Your '92 doesn't have a knock sensor. Only the 97+ SOHC explorers have these.

Well, there ya go (though mine can still modify timing a bit on its own).

Back