bbk throttle body | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bbk throttle body

i told the guy at pep boys the year of my car and make and model, then i looked at it and matched up the old one with the new one and they were alot the same almost exactly. but ill try and take it off tommorow and put it back on again and disconnect the battery to see what happens.

if that doesnt work ill take it to my machanics teacher at the ford dealership where we have our class. How will i know if its the wrong one though?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like,,,

sounds like you just need to reset your computer,,
unplug the negitive battery cable and let it set for about half an hour,, and hook it back up..

yeah thats what i did last night and i gues it worke because it the light hasnt come on today, thanks for all the help guys.:D

cool,,

glad to hear ya got it figured out,
anytime you make any intake mod's or anything that will change flow, ect.,, you'll need to reset the computer so it can ajust.

Isaac

damn it. i got the trouble code again. does anyone have a clue to why or what is doing it. Could it be that the computer needs time to get used to it after i already have disconnected the battery. No matter what happens on tommorow im taking it to my mechanics class and checking it for codes.

i found the easiest way to remove the tps is to get yourself a nice dewalt 14 volt drill, and a small drill bit. drill that sucker out

i know it was late, i just like to see my self post every once and a while :D

Back