2151210-5Elite17.JPG

2151210-5Elite18.JPG

2151210-5Elite19.JPG

2151210-5Elite20.JPG

215127-29Accident1_4_.JPG

215127-29Accident1_3_.JPG

215127-21AfterCompound3.JPG

21512DSC00054-med.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

very nice! How do you like the EE lowering kit, specifically the Edlebrock IAS shocks?

Ronnie, have you had any problems with your truck bottoming out and how is the ride quality?

It bottoms out very easily. I think when I re-do shocks, I will go with the Rancho 9000's next time. The ride is not as smooth as I thought it would be. Will do a little front-end work and see if that makes any difference, but she does bottom out on the rear ones very quickly.

BBQ_HotDogs said:
It bottoms out very easily. I think when I re-do shocks, I will go with the Rancho 9000's next time. The ride is not as smooth as I thought it would be. Will do a little front-end work and see if that makes any difference, but she does bottom out on the rear ones very quickly.

Thats why I dumped my lowering; I got to hate the ride.

You will find a vast difference ( positive ) with the Rancho shocks.

I wouldn't hit a wild dog inthe arse with the Edelbrock shocks.

Well aldive has made it abundantly clear on this site in several threads how he feels about the Edlebrocks(please note your campaign has been recognized).

Hotdog, thanks for you input about the ride quality. I purchased a set of the IAS's at a good price from a member here and haven't lowered my truck or installed them yet. I plan on posting my findings as soon as I do. I feel there could be a significant difference on mine with two less doors and less a few hundred pounds of stereo equipment. I could be wrong and am willing to change to something else if necessary. If Ranchos are the answer, are they made for lowered x's?

Very nice! That is by far the nicest looking "maroon" explorer i have ever seen.

You convinced me that maroon explorers look good!

Very nice job with the painting, and the audio stuff. Lookin great man, glad to see another streeter on here! :thumbsup:

Very professionally done, Ronnie! I especially like the design of the subs in the back. :thumbsup:

Very nice, the paint on the interior really sets it off. Nice fiberglass work too.

Looks awsome! Maybe not worth the hassle you've gone through, but is jaw dropping non-the-less.

I would have to give a thumbs down to the IASs too. I had them on my sport and it had the most horrible ride I've ever had in a car. My new one is like a Cadillac compared to the old.

I love the stance your's has though Ron!

IAmTodd said:
I would have to give a thumbs down to the IASs too. I had them on my sport and it had the most horrible ride I've ever had in a car. My new one is like a Cadillac compared to the old.

I love the stance your's has though Ron!
So what did you replace them with and was yours lowered?

Thanks everyone for the compliments. It has been a long and hard road. But I have enjoyed it non the less. I am almost finished with her. Just some touch-ups here and there but nothing drastic from here on out.

After the touchups, whats next?
Very nice Ron:)

spindlecone said:
After the touchups, whats next?
Very nice Ron:)
Nothing really. I have the exhaust system in my garage that I need to put on. I have new plugs and red Taylor plug wires to put on when she starts running bad and needs a tune-up. I still have to replace the stolen front powerslots from EE. I may do something to the rear tail lights, but not sure. I have an Alpine DVD player and I have the mounting ring for an overhead monitor that I have not installed yet. I do want to put the DVD in, but not until after court. And then it should be nothing but up keep on the vehicle from there on. Like I said, mainly allot of little touch-up stuff here and there is all that is needed. But I love the response I get from the 6 banger with the Apten Computer program on it. The tranny shifts allot smoother now and seems more responsive.

Back